“Nice”
March 2020CURRENT STUDENT

Environment and friend are friendly among of high rank universities in US

Some courses do not delivery what I expect it to be

Comments

This is really nice school, welcome to be here and try new environment

“IU-Kelley School of Business”
March 2015CURRENT STUDENT

Prepares you for the working world

Career Services are exceptional

Weed out classes can be very harsh on most students

Comments

Very good work hard, play hard atmosphere

Emphasizes hard work for students

General education classes tend to be slightly larger in size but there are smaller sections available. I personally have never had any trouble getting into a class. Advisors and professors are always accessible through office hours and/or appointments. The atmosphere is very competitive and challenging. Elinor Ostrom, an undergraduate professor in the School of Public and Enviromental Affairs recently won the Nobel Prize in Economics. IU has one of the largest study abroad programs in the nation. I personally travelled to Spain through the study abroad office and had a terrific time.

IU has a great atmostphere with a lot of tradition. It is a gorgeous campus with lots of winding paths through trees with a lot of older buildings. Overall, the campus is a very safe place with lots of safety enforcement present. Cost of living is respectable. Overall, students at IU are extremely happy and really enjoy the atmosphere. There are two large workout facilities for students to enjoy. Residence halls, while not the most extravagant in the world are very liveable and comfortable.

No essays or personal statements required. The early application deadline is extremely important as it can unlock more scholarship money for the student.

It was a pretty standard application- similar to the other Big Ten schools I applied to.

2009

Two years of general business classes - including accounting, computers, math, public speaking. After we took a culminating semester which helped us decide what we really wanted to major in. I took one class in operations and realized that it was the major for me. I studied abroad second semester of my junior year and began my major when I returned as a senior.

I lived in a dorm for one year. A sorority for two years and an apartment my final year. The facilities were overall decent. I know it is hard to keep up all buildings on campus. Every classroom had updated technology. There were tons of interesting restaurants to try. It was a safe place to be.

I submitted my application to the university - it was very simple. Getting into the Kelley School of Business was more selective. I was a direct admit based on my grades and test scores in college.

intense group work; hands on projects; tailored to the "real world" activities of our majors; many assorted classes dealing with business, management, marketing, event planning, tourism, ecotourism, sustainability, etc. many classes dealt with handicap accessibility and management skills

many living options close to or on campus (dorms, sorority, apartments) living is relatively inexpensive; on par with other college campuses; beautiful campus with many facilities which are all wireless; libraries are all over campus but the main library fulfills all needs of students except for a "copy center"; low crime; high levels of binge drinking; great community/campus involvement.

WE LOVE OUR SCHOOL!!! It is a beautiful, cultural, and fun place to live and learn.

apply online; enter GPA; state your program field

Kelley School of Business is great. Great mix of small and large class sizes. General education classes are very hit or miss. Some ruin students GPA, others are a joke. The grade distributions from class section to class section vary immensely, which is an issue.

Study abroad is highly encouraged, lots of students participate. Business school allows students to intern abroad. The business degree allows students to explore all areas of business before declaring a major.

Dorms could be redone. They are very old compared to the rest of the country. Overall great experience on campus. Food is mediocre. typical college dorm food. The healthy food is not really healthy. They use fake wheat bread and soak veggies in butter.

Off campus living is excellent. so much student housing for as cheap as 300/month and as expensive as 1300/month. There is a place for every budget. BLoomington is a great place to live, extremely safe, lots of community involvement.

Library is huge, very accessible. There are plenty of other places to study around campus as well. The union is amazing.

5 part application: application, application fee, SAT or ACT scores, high school transcript and a counselor signature form that includes your senior schedule. No essays, recommendations or resume required.

November 1st is the deadline for consideration for automatic merit scholarships, which are solely based on SAT/ACT and GPA.

Application process is rolling admissions.

Direct Admission for selective schools for freshman based on GPA and SAT/ACT score for the Kelley School of Business, Nursing, College of Arts and Sciences.

Indiana University's academics is one of a kind. Both the core classes and degree requirements were all challending yet feasible. Class sizes varied and most professors were always available at the times listed.

The quality of life at Indiana made me feel as if I were an adult. The housing, dining, neighborhoods-just life in general in Bloomington was extremely enjoyable.

The admissions process was fairly selective. There were a number of questions along with somewhat extensive requirements that your average student wouldn't possess.

The Jacobs School of Music is very selective and requires an audition.

Must take required prerequistes to apply to the Kelley School and you cannot get anything less than a B in any class in order to be considered for admission.