“Excellent University”
July 2018FORMER STUDENT

the Professors are caring and challenging who want to see you be successful in your work and ultimately in the workplace with your career

There is several times and areas of the campus where it is an endless party scene and that can be a distraction for those whose parents have sacrificed to let their son or daughter go to college

Comments

Do your research when looking at schools by considering at least 3-4 colleges and/or universities. Make sure to visit as much as you can afford yourself when making the campus visits and to ask any question that comes to mind so you feel very comfortable with your ultimate decision.

“Absolutely amazing school with professors that truly care!!”
December 2016FORMER STUDENT

I went to IU Kelley School of Business as an undergrad and to an ivy league school for graduate school, and I can honestly say that I learned way more while at IU. The professors at the school are simply amazing and there are some that I still view as mentors to this date.

The student life is absolutely fantastic. IU also has the most beautiful and vibrant campus. I could not have imagined a better college experience.

Absolutely nothing!! I thoroughly enjoyed every aspect of my experience at IU.

Comments

IU gave me amazing opportunities, not only intellectual opportunities to broaden my horizons but also incredible employment opportunities. For business students interested in high-finance, the investment banking program run by Professor Haeberle is absolutely the best in the country!!!!!!

“IU RA RA”
September 2015FORMER STUDENT

Great tradition, fantastic education, lifetime friendships, loved rooting on the Hoosier basketball team

Hard to say - really loved everything about the school. It was a terrific place to go to college.

Comments

Great classes, awesome professors, beautiful campus - it's the whole package.

“IU-Kelley School of Business”
March 2015CURRENT STUDENT

Prepares you for the working world

Career Services are exceptional

Weed out classes can be very harsh on most students

Comments

Very good work hard, play hard atmosphere

Emphasizes hard work for students

Two years of general business classes - including accounting, computers, math, public speaking. After we took a culminating semester which helped us decide what we really wanted to major in. I took one class in operations and realized that it was the major for me. I studied abroad second semester of my junior year and began my major when I returned as a senior.

I lived in a dorm for one year. A sorority for two years and an apartment my final year. The facilities were overall decent. I know it is hard to keep up all buildings on campus. Every classroom had updated technology. There were tons of interesting restaurants to try. It was a safe place to be.

I submitted my application to the university - it was very simple. Getting into the Kelley School of Business was more selective. I was a direct admit based on my grades and test scores in college.

It was a pretty standard application- similar to the other Big Ten schools I applied to.

2009

General education classes tend to be slightly larger in size but there are smaller sections available. I personally have never had any trouble getting into a class. Advisors and professors are always accessible through office hours and/or appointments. The atmosphere is very competitive and challenging. Elinor Ostrom, an undergraduate professor in the School of Public and Enviromental Affairs recently won the Nobel Prize in Economics. IU has one of the largest study abroad programs in the nation. I personally travelled to Spain through the study abroad office and had a terrific time.

IU has a great atmostphere with a lot of tradition. It is a gorgeous campus with lots of winding paths through trees with a lot of older buildings. Overall, the campus is a very safe place with lots of safety enforcement present. Cost of living is respectable. Overall, students at IU are extremely happy and really enjoy the atmosphere. There are two large workout facilities for students to enjoy. Residence halls, while not the most extravagant in the world are very liveable and comfortable.

No essays or personal statements required. The early application deadline is extremely important as it can unlock more scholarship money for the student.

General requirements such as English and Mathematics are a must for freshmen and are highly beneficial for any future work.

Class sizes are not too bad. Introductory classes are expected to be big, but for these particular classes, discussion sections are almost always mandatory and study groups are very common. Smaller classes such as the English and Foreign Languages make learning more intimate.

Indiana University has highly renown faculty including Noble Peace Prize winners making research opportunities almost inevitable.

Study abroad is greatly encouraged and IU has one of the biggest study abroad programs in the country!

You need to fill out the online application. There is no essay required or teacher references, but a transcript, either your SAT or ACT test score, and a counselor signature form.

Decisions are made on a rolling basis. Once accepted, scholarships are there for you to qualify and/or apply for if needed as well as with financial aid.

Must take required prerequistes to apply to the Kelley School and you cannot get anything less than a B in any class in order to be considered for admission.

Because it is a large school, there are so many options you can really tailor your education to learn whatever it is that you are interested in. All of the core offerings are available in abundance, and then there is so much more beyond that. For example, I took a class about Business in China and we went to China for 9 days as part of the class to meet with businesses like AC Nielson, Bank of China, the TV station, and others.

The campus is great, cost of living is very low, culture is fun, library is fantastic. Quality of life is very good.

Great scholarship opporunities for strong applicants.

2007