foreign language.

Extensive general education requirements, pluralism/diversity requirements, foreign language requirement. Major requirements mildly confusing. Minor requirements changed in my junior year, leading to confusion. Professors generally accessible; plenty of research opportunities. Competitiveness among pre-med students, and all Honors students. Grading varied; usually could get an A just by doing all the work correctly. Very nice study-abroad program with University of Paris, plenty of winter-semester and summer programs too. Workload generally manageable.

Housing pretty good. All single rooms. Dull building, 30 minutes from main campus by subway, with about 600 rooms for a school of 20,000 people. Mostly Honors students (guaranteed room for free), grad students, students with athletic scholarships. Library sizable, decent collection, access to many valuable online databases/resources. Community relations, to my knowledge, fine. Very safe campus--as safe as NYC off-campus. Happiness pretty good.

It was a while ago, I don't remember. Pretty standard stuff, I think--an essay or two, SAT scores, etc. No interview.

Very affordable.

Hunter College is not particularly challenging to me. The Honors coursework, however, is adequate. General Education Requirements are extensive and sometimes, needless.

The neighborhood and accommodations are less than stellar, but I wouldn't look a gift horse in the mouth.

My school, the Macaulay Honors College, is highly selective, accepting about 10% of applicants. Application questions are keyed to understand the applicant's relationship with New York City. Personal essays and SAT scores are also required. SATII scores and interviews are optional. Early Decision is available. The scholarship is a full-ride if you are accepted.

The academics are pretty good. There are a lot of Core requirements for Freshman that will take through till the beginning of your Junior year to complete. I highly recommend taking summer classes to help get through the large amount of core requirements. Academic advising is pretty good, but not consistent. You will get information from one advisor and another will give you a completely different story.

No unique application when I applied, there was a small placement exam that was required that tests basic knowledge of Math and Reading Comprehension.

Honors college had mostly solid, demanding classes. Hunter itself was very hit or miss. Undergrad Dept. of Education was awful. Low standards, poor teaching, bad curric. terrible advising with students being treated poorly weekly, as for research beyond the necessity, I heard it was disorganized.

Honors college had unique essay, and an interview for some students. I went early decision.

Housing is really limited and it looks very institutional. It doesn't feel like a home. Cost of living can get pretty expensive because there is no meal plan. There is not much of a campus, as Hunter is located in Manhattan.