The university is very easy to get into but hard to stay at considering the amount of work you do and what you learn. The workload is more than a regular college or university. The class sizes are fairly small and the professors are understanding in some terms. There are always research opportunities during the summer and short term. The grading is on the difficult side but overall good.

The cost of living is highly expensive and the food is not always the best; The quality of the dorms is somewhat lower than I overall expected. Everything is very accessible throughout campus and you always have a lot of fun because everyone is close to everyone. It's like a big Sorority house.

It"s women only university so that is definately a major question they ask. Also they have essay questions that are specific to women such as: Who is one of your most inspiring woman in your life? and etc. I applied for Early Decision and it took the same amount of time as it would've with regular decision but I was also a transfer student so it runs a bit differently. I had problems with my financial aid and so I didn't end up with as much as they told me I would end up with.

As a liberal arts college, students are expected to take courses in 7 different disciplines to be well-rounded. Most class sizes are under twenty people, and professors are very available and familiar with their students. Everyone is encouraged to do a study-abroad program...I lived in Italy for a summer! One of the best things about Hollins is the ability for students to formulate independent studies and interdisciplinary studies. Invent yourself at Hollins, and tailor your courses to your true interests. There are huge opportunities for GREAT internships, often coming through very supportive Hollins alums. I cannot imagine there is another school that is more supportive of the students.

I live off-campus, but the campus is beautiful and has everything a person could need. There is so much going on every week...concerts, readings, lectures, etc. that one has to pick and choose.

I am in the Horizon program, which is for women returning to school after at least five years. Hollins requires a short essay, in addition to usual application forms. I was also interviewed by the head of the program. My 1 year of college from 30 years prior still transferred. The financial aid package they offered me made it affordable, and there have been numerous opportunities for scholarships along the way.

Hollins campus is an exceptionally safe community. I have never felt threatened or unsafe in any way while on campus or in the surrounding community. The library is exceptional, even if the hours are a little short. I spend most of my time not spent in class in the library. My overall happiness with this campus is exceptional. The physical campus itself is beyond beautiful, and inspiring both for my music and my writing.