This school is above average when it comes to academics but it's not excellent. The professors are always there and they want to help you which is wonderful but my work doesn't always encourage new learning opportunities. Class sizes are small which makes getting to know your professors fairly easy. There are strict requirements for graduating but with the help of an advisor, it's not a problem at all. There are so many study abroad opportunities to be had and I can't wait to do so next year. The workload gets a bit overwhelming at times despite how organized I am but it's nothing too absurd.

Directly off campus isn't safe but our public safety system is great. I've never felt threatened. Housing is definitely expensive but lucky, I'm an RA so I reap the benefits of not having to pay. We have so many facilities on campus that are great for students to use and their hours are accessible. Dining can get a little monotonous but we have a lot to choose from.

I filled out the common app, submitted additional questions and wrote an essay. I turned in my SAT scores as well and applied early action. I didn't get much from financial aid which was disappointing - especially considering that I was in the top 20% of my graduating class. I was not awarded any scholarships either.

the academics are very important to Hofstra

There are several different options for housing which makes living on campus a fun experience. Even though it can be quite costly it is worth living on campus because you do get a feel of student life and you feel like you are a member of the community. If students are interested in living off campus-the university will help you to find a residence which is close to the school and not too costly. Majority of people who do live off campus are the members of Greek life or sports athletes.

The Facilities are sate of the art-the library has unlimited resonances and they are avalable to all students.

Overall happiness is high for people who go to this school.

unique application question-making the student think, personal interviews, on the common application

Depending on what school you're in affects the courses. In the liberal arts school there are distribution credits required of all students in addition to major required classes. Almost every major at the school is required to take 2 years of a foreign language.

Admissions process is similar to most schools. I believe there was an application via the common application as well as a supplement portion. Decisions are made on a rolling basis and there are frequent accepted students days at the school to support that. Overall, one of the most basic in application processes.

Small class size, professional professors, readily available professors, rigorous workload

Dining is horrendous, on-campus housing is sub-par

Offers early action 1 and 2 and regular decision, both common application and regular opportunities and financial aid/competitive scholarship opportunities

good class sizes, nice professors

love it, nice surroundings

very easy application process

Profesors are very accesable to thier students and many care about students learning rather than just handing out grades and giving difficult tests. Though the information is difficult teacher's willingness to help and ability to apply to real situations to keep students intresting makes the information for intrestin and comprehensible.

Really enjoy living on campus and find the schools facilities to be up to date and mostly good condition. Love the Library. Wide variety of dining options at all hours of the day. It is not in the safest part of town but the on campus security make you feel secure and it is a closed campus at night which helps.

Love the suite style dorms have never lived in traditional style housing.

AM VERY HAPPY

Core classes, small class sizes, professors are very accessible, great place to get an education

common application, early action, rolling admission, only merit scholarships available

challenging but rewarding

the buildings are good-some of them are older but are being re-done and updated. the safety is good-campus police are always patrolling the builindgs

admissions has unique questions and essays. Also they do in-person interviews to help with the decision process.