essays, early decision, common app

Accepts Common Application, several scholarships available

There's a liberal arts core curriculum, academic advising, average class size of 22, very accessible professors, manageable workload, study abroad as an option.

Housing is terrible, the office of residential life impossible to work with, food is terrible and hurts morale, library good but the hours are unacceptable, crime is often a problem. Many students are extremely unhappy with the quality of life and the high cost of food and housing.

There was an easy, free early application that I filled out. It required an essay.

Large core. Small class sizes of about 25. Professors are very personal

personal essay. common app. and the usual financial aid forms

Very expansive core curriculum, including theology, philosophy, social science and physical science requirements, among others. Mandatory freshman advising. Class sizes not too large, largest that I had was in my Chemistry 101 class, about 80. Professors have mandatory office hours a week, but most make themselves readily available outside these hours if asked. Classes are not competitive, cooperation is big. Many study abroad opportunities in many different venues.

Personally used the Common Application. Applied regular decision, had no interview. Given fantastic financial aid, registered FAFSA and CSSPROFILE.

big core. small classes (my largest is about 27). varying qualities of teachers.

housing is really good, save for the guest policies in the res halls. there is only one library which is a drag if you live on the other side of campus. the food is awful. the neighborhood (the bronx) is not very safe but the actual campus is very safe.

common app with no supplement. they offer early action but i applied regular decision. They offered me my merit based scholarship without my having applied.

Core Classes require students in both liberal arts and college of business to take a number of English, Philosophy, History, and Theology. Business Students also must complete Business Core of Business Math and Economics classes, among others. Average class size is 22. Professors are very accessible, fairly competitive classes based on teacher, students very encouraged to study abroad, workload depends on major and/or school.

Housing is comfortable, but expensive. Food could improve. Horrible gym facilities. Campus is incredibly safe. Off-campus less safe but fine for city-savvy students. Off-campus housing popular among students starting junior year. Anything you can't find at Fordham you can find in NYC. Unique opportunity to live in NYC without facing a full-time urban immersion.

Common Application with Fordham supplement. Essay topic of your choice. Early Action due November. Regular Decision due in Jan. Financial Aid and Scholarship opportunities available based on need, merit, athletics, etc. National Merit Semi-finalist Scholarship. Work-Study opportunities.

Very big core curriculum, large number of required courses, philosophy, theology, english, history, social science, natural science/mathematics, foreign language, fine/performing arts, public speaking, writing intensive

Professors generally accessible, avg class size 22, student:faculty ratio 12:1,

Housing is quite nice, spacious, cost of living is high, facilities okay, library okay, could be bigger, safety good, campus very safe, 24 hr security guard patrol, dining on campus not very good but not terrible, in process of improving, overall happiness varies, I honestly think most people hate/don't like this school but go here for the city. Dining options very good nearby. Great neighborhood, living in city.

Merit-Based Scholarships Offered- National Merit full-tuition, Presidential Scholarship full tuition, room and board, Jogues scholarship

Your Choice streamlined application for top applicants, submit online, very easy

Common Application, no specific essay questions

Early Action, Early Decision offered

didn't have interview

Large core with theology, philosophy, art, history, and science.

Cost of living is very high. Library is not open 24 hours, but is very helpful. Dining is average. Happiness is good.

Fordham has a very complex core, which takes one and a half to two years to complete, which is a major complaint for some students. Students have to take classes in philosophy, theology, English, history, math, science, social sciences, arts, and language. The major degree requirements are different for each major. Academic advising is kind of hit or miss--I had a very good advisor freshman year, but my advisor sophomore year before I declared my major basically refused repeatedly to meet with me, told me he was too busy to deal with random students, and was brusque and downright rude. When I talked to the sophomore dean about him, I was basically told to deal with it and declare my major. Classes average around 20 students despite what the literature says, but I've never had a probably with that. I've had 20 professors so far, and 5 have been incompetent/uninvolved/worse than my high school teachers, 7 have been absolutely phenomenal/intelligent/dynamic/engaging, and the other 8 have ranged between decent if boring to good if not outstanding. With the exception of the first 5, all my teachers have been competent, fair graders who were willing to meet with students outside of class and offer help. Some, 2 in particular, went out of their way to get to know the students as people, engage the class in interesting activities, and seemed to genuinely love teaching.

I am studying abroad next year, the first semester in Ireland and the second in Australia. The process is tedious and time consuming, and while the study abroad department is not as well organized as they could be (they spelled my name wrong repeatedly despite my correcting them every time) they are all very kind, helpful people who are eager to assist students however possible.

Many teachers tend to pile on the work right before the end of the semester which is annoying, but I've never found it to be too much to handle (or too little.)

Too expensive overall, facilities are decent, safety is good as long as you use common sense, the cafeteria has bad hours, ridiculous rules (they don't allow students to take food out of the caf and don't provide take out containers to 'save the environment' but as a result A LOT of food gets wasted.) and no variety, but the workers are awesome. I'm very happy at Fordham.

I used the early action application with the fee waived (I'm not sure why I had the fee waived--it wasn't for financial reasons) and I had a mix up with my counselor and did not get the application in on time. Despite my lateness (I ended up applying regular because of the delay) Fordham still waived my fee, which was very kind of them. I didn't use the Common App, I didn't qualify for financial aid, but Fordham did give me a scholarship. They were kind of late getting back to me (the latest of all my colleges) but other than that I was very happy with the process.