For me the best part of the academics at Centre is the study abroad opportunities, particularly since I am a foreign language major. I spent a semester in Mexico and plan to spend Centre Term in China. Professors have always been available to help when asked. The class sizes are small so I have also gotten to know my classmates without any problem. Professors expect a great deal of the students, but overall they are also very fair in their grading and evaluations.

The Centre campus is beautiful and I have enjoyed my dorm rooms. The dining facilities have been good, even when the new dining facility was being built. The library is excellent and there is little crime. The theater and music productions are amazing. I have gotten to know some members of the outside community through church, community service, and work. The only reason that I have not given the quality of life a 10 is that I grew up in a large city so I miss some of the shops and amenities available there.

I was required to fill out forms which included essays and recommendations from my teachers as well as the courses I took in high school. Since I took IB courses in high school and decided I wanted to attend Centre before my senior year of high school, I was able to ask for early decision and to be accepted before Christmas of my senior year.

It is essentially a guarantee that any given Centre student, unless "held back" by sports obligations, will study abroad. Even those active in sports usually participate in a 3 week Centre Term trip abroad at least. General requirements are pretty standard. First year advisors may not always be helpful, but once you declare a major you get to pick a new advisor that you get along with well and you think could help you with your future plans. Class sizes are typically pretty small, the largest a class can be is 30 students, most have closer to 20, some even fewer. The professors are very personable and willing to help you both inside and outside of the class room, and the very few that aren't don't last very long. It's very common to find at least one professor that you have a deep connection with and can talk with on a personal level, not just academically. Academics are regarded highly by nearly everyone, so competitiveness is not as much of an issue as is companionship. Students like to get together to study and no one is even looked down upon or at strangely for spending long amounts of time in the library or studying somewhere else. I know the fact that everyone else is usually studying helps me to want to study more too. We like to say that we "study hard and play harder".

the housing is getting better as Centre is currently working on a new apartment-style complex. All other facilities are beautiful and very accessible. I love that essentially the longest walk from caddy-corner to caddy-corner takes less than 10 minutes, even at a slow pace. Living in the old quad, I could wake up 15 minutes before class started and easily be on time. I always feel extremely safe on campus, even walking alone at night as a young woman I never feel nervous or in danger. There's an awesome sense of trust among the students as well, people often leave their laptops and other personal items unattended for hours in the library, without the worry of someone coming along and stealing them.

Personally I applied early decision, which wasn't binding but was nice because I knew early enough that once I got in I didn't even bother applying to other schools. I think I applied online by answering some essays and application questions and applied for financial aid and scholarship that way as well

Class sizes were usually no more than 15 or 17 people. Study abroad is popular and encouraged by faculty and administration--more than 85% of students utilize it, some more than once. Professors are always accessible personally and academically with flexible office hours. Research opportunities are available for those interested, as well as internships. Personal advising begins and freshman orientation and career services is offered for a lifetime. Degree requirements in any major allow for flexibility, independent study and sampling of the liberal arts curriculum. General requirements include a life science and an analytical science; religion or philosophy; a full year of humanities; and history.

All students live on campus for all 4 years. Crime is nearly nonexistent and safety is provided with campus security and the local police force. Neighborhood is rural--small town in central Kentucky, with 40 mins to the nearest major city or interstate. Campus is beautiful and well-tended year round. Library is in the center of campus, with friendly and helpful resource staff. Facilities are well-maintained with opportunities for recycling. Dining provided by Sodexo and could be better. There are no fast-food franchises on campus but many chains and restaurants available off-campus.

Common Application accepted. Early Decision and Regular Decision choices. All students are considered for financial aid and are eligible for scholarships. Interviews are important but not mandatory.

There are 13 general requirements including humanities, foreign language, science, math, history, and religion. The major degree requirements cover a wide variety of subjects within the major and the academic advisers are great at giving advice. The class sizes are generally around 20 and the professors are always available to help. At Centre, studying abroad is guaranteed for everyone. They offer trips to France, Greece, India, Africa, and China to name a few.

Housing is great and the cost of living in the city is very cheap. The campus has a lot to offer and the facilities are amazing. The library is a great place to do homework and study and the dining hall is a great place to grab food with your friends. The city of Danville is very supportive of Centre and the community is very safe. I think that everyone is very happy that attends the school.

There is a Centre College application and an essay that is required. It is also recommended that each candidate visits the school and has an interview. There is early decision and a regular decision and almost everyone receives financial aid.

Class sizes are decent -- not as small as expected but better than most schools. Most professors are very accessible and willing to help, all are extremely knowledgeable. Workload is difficult, especially if paired with a well-rounded extracurricular life.

Overall, I have very few complaints on the quality of life at Centre. It is quite an expense but well worth it.

Common Application

Financial and scholarship opportunities

Unique application questions

Essays

Interviews (with the prospective student process)

Fine

Great facilities, very homogenous. Disappointingly homogenous but the school is making efforts to change for the better.