common application, additional essay,

Each undergraduate class is about 1000 students total, but the strong focus on engineering at our school means that most of the first-year engineering courses are still very large, the largest being about 400 students. Class sizes decrease quickly as the courses become more specific. Every student takes three semesters of small, discussion-based classes that are unrelated to the major during his/her first two years. The level of academic rigor is similar to that of an ivy-league school, but the students are less competitive and more willing to work together so that everyone might succeed.

There are some bad neighborhoods nearby, but the campus itself is very safe. Housing is standard for first- and second-year students and very nice for upperclassmen. The dorms are small, which promotes a large amount of social interaction within dorms. The dining halls do a good job at keeping meals from becoming repetitive; there is a large variety in menus and several places to eat on campus.

I used the Common Application, for which Case did not require any supplemental applications. My acceptance letter included information on a scholarship I had earned, but the application process for need-based aid started a few months later. I did not use an early decision process.

Case is a school of opportunity for anyone who may have an interest for any field. There are a couple general requirements, but these requirements tend to coincide with whichever major one wants to pursue.

The cost to live on campus is a little expensive, but overall quality is phenomenal. The campus itself is extremely pleasant with multiple areas to relax, study, and hang out with friends.

Everyone must fill out the Common Application as well as at least one standardized test. There is an option for early decision/early action and the school has a lot of different scholarship opportunities.

There is a very large work load, but it will all pay off in the end.

Common application. There is a lot to fill out in terms of financial aid.

Differs by majors. Usually broad spectrum of requirements for graduation. By major, each set of requirements differs. SAGES (Seminar Approach to General Education and Scholarship) program, rather than basic English literature classes. Each student has to take 3 SAGES classes, which are limited to 17 students per class. There are nearly 100 different SAGES classes to choose from. 2 semesters of PE is required. 60% of classes have 20 students or fewer. Class size shrinks as you progress through CWRU. Professors are extremely approachable and accessible. Every professor is required to hold office hours every week, meaning that their office door is wide open. Research is possible, either working with a professor or conducting research independently. LOTS of study abroad opportunities, to places like Spain, England, South Africa, Cuba, China, Japan, Germany, etc. Workload is generally heavy, but manageable. Too many notable faculty to name!

Housing is fairly priced. It gets better as you get from freshman to senior. Cost of living (room and board) is acceptable for most. Campus has a lot of open area (fields, parks, trees), as well as a lot of unique sculptures. Also, we have a great view of the city, and in some areas, Lake Erie. We also have a wind turbine on campus. Facilities are numerous, and some are quite cool. For example, we have a LEGO lab, structures lab, circuits lab, virtual worlds lab, wind tunnel, athletic center, tennis courts, black box theater, etc. Located in University Circle (1 square mile), so it is VERY diverse and economically sound. Many museums, University Hospitals, organizations, and restaurants are also located right in University Circle. Generally completely safe, as long as one uses common sense - it's like any other urban or suburban area. Most people are happy here, and those that aren't are not involved in extra curricular activities.

Common Application. One essay, I believe. Normal prompts because it is on the Common Application. Interviews can only help, but are not required. If anyone has any questions, there are always people to answer them at Undergraduate Admissions, by phone, email, mail, or in person. Early action and regular decision. Financial aid is offered on need- and merit-bases. Plenty of scholarships available.

At CWRU we have the sages program that is our core curriculum under which we complete all of our English and other requirements, depending on the major.

I completed the Common Application early action, had an interview, and was automatically considered for scholarship. I also completed the FAFSA for financial aid opportunities

They don't have a tonne of requirements that everyone has to take. There is a program called SAGES (seminar approach to general education) which everyone has to take 3 of on whatever topic they want and they are good small classes if you get an engaging professor. There is an engineering core and then degree requirements but there are always areas in your schedule that you can have options for classes either in or not in your major. For advising, you start out with your first SAGES professor as your advisor, then when you declare your major you switch advisors. Class sizes for most majors are relatively small, usually around 30-40 students for upper level classes. Professors are really easy to talk to and research opportunities were plentiful! Lots of people do study abroad, even engineering majors! The workload is really tough, but everyone has the attitude that we're all in this together.

Housing is pretty good and not completely ridiculously expensive, though not cheap either. Laundry is free! Living on campus makes for a really great community. The main library is currently being redesigned to be more student need friendly/oriented. There are 5 different police departments that patrol campus, so its pretty safe. Stress levels are rather high though.

There is an option of early decision/action, but the regular application is due around the 15th of January. They use the Common Application with an additional form if I recall correctly. They give really good financial aid packages usually!

I used common application to apply early action. I also had an interview, but the interview did not seem to be a selective process and was quite informal.

We have a lot of general requirements, but they're REALLY general. We have a core called SAGES (Seminar Approach something something something), advisors are generally helpful, I have a class of 15, several of 300+, and several in between.

Housing is kind of gross, and the rooms are tiny. Food sucks. Cost of living is high, but it's because there's nowhere other than dining halls to eat, and they all close at 9. The library doesn't really have easily accessible books and there's never enough seating. The neighborhood is gross, community relations are good, we're not particularly unsafe, and most people are unhappy.

My school offers early action and common application applications. They also give a lot of merit scholarships and need-based aid.

Has a university wide requirement called SAGES, which is a seminar approach to learning. it includes small seminars, and a final senior capstone which is a research project. I also have a intense engineering core, but my general education requirements are light. Advising is done per major, and can have as many advisers as you have majors and minors. Professors are always available by emails, and are open to meet even when they do not have office hours. Grades are competitive, as everyone wants good grades but people are always willing to help. Grades are important but are bases on merit not rank among other students. The workload is moderate but not to bad even with a lot of extra curricular activities.

Housing is not new, except for upperclassmen housing. No air conditioning in first and second year housing. First year housing is split into 3 communities each with their own values: they are fine arts, multi-cultural ism, leadership and community service. Library is gorgeous and open 24 hours a day once the school year is in session. We have a bus system for campus, so transportation is not bad. Dining hall is decent, and we have other campus options where meal swipes are allowed. We are in a gorgeous part of Cleveland, but we border the ghetto. We have a campus email system so we know about crime on and off campus, and there are security paroling campus 24 hours a day.

Common Application and a supplement with no additional essays