Advising varies depending on your school. In the business school, the advisers are great! You get reminder emails at the end of each semester telling you to meet with them to work on your schedule for the upcoming semester. They are very accessible and will not release your hold to register for classes until you meet with them in person. I really like that because I can ask questions and get advice when I talk with my adviser.

My friend's in other schools (particularly engineering majors and pre-med students) within the university have a lot of problems with their advisers. Often, they do not see their adviser. The advisers don't answer emails or phone calls. Some will decide to travel right before the time most students will seek advising help. The adviser are not always very helpful. They give students one option to choose from and that's it.

It is alright. The people you meet at the University have a huge impact on your experience. The cost of living is pretty high for the on-campus housing. Compared to other schools it is not that nice. The first year and second year housing is really old. The rooms are small with no air conditioning. One of the housing facilities, Clarke Towers, has cement walls. When you live in a single room, you are basically living in a closet.

The campus is nice overall. I like that there are green spaces and trees even though the University has an urban campus. It is easy to get around campus with the campus shuttles ("greenies") and it is also easy to go off campus using public transportation. There is a lot to do around campus. On campus, one downside is the limited parking. Parking is pretty expensive in the garage and lots. There is almost no free parking. The free parking that is available is sometimes in run-down neighborhoods and cars have been broken into or stolen. The campus police ticket all the time so you have to be very careful where you park. The campus is going through some major construction projects right now. In the next few years, I'm sure that the campus will look completely different. It will be awesome.

The university is located in East Cleveland and Cleveland Heights. East Cleveland is not the greatest location to live in. There are a lot of run-down houses and crime happens. Some people have been mugged. The campus does, however, work hard to keep crime to a minimum. There are a lot of resources for students to use to stay safe on campus. You never have to walk alone at night. Also, the university is open about any incidents that occur on campus. I like that they are honest with what is going on. There are classes available for men and women that teach you how to defend yourself in different situations. We also have blue lights around campus and different police officers continually patrolling the campus.

Overall, I am pretty happy here. You have to get used to the University and how it is run. A majority of students are unhappy when they first come to the school. Once you make friends and find clubs/groups to join your experience gets a lot better. There are lots of activities on campus all the time, but you have to make an effort to look for them. This is not a giant state school where there are a ton of people doing stuff all the time. Again, if you can deal with looking for something to do, you will have a good time. It's not too hard. We have a daily newsletter emailed to students called "the Daily" and it talks about upcoming events. Case is challenging and stressful, but it is still a good place that definitely prepares you for life after graduation.

Common Application, supplemental essays for Pre-professional programs

The 101 classes here absolutely suck mainly because the teachers who teach these intro classes are the lowest of low. As you get up into the higher classes you get to meet teacher who actually know what they're talking about and want to get you excited about the topic that they're teaching. If you're an incoming student, I highly recommend using your AP credits and leveling out of the intro classes because not only are they a waste of time, in some cases they can even turn you off from that particular subject. Most people dont go to classes but still get A's and can party on the weekends so the exams here are a joke. Most people who come here are just looking to get their degree and get back out. Definitely not a place that you're not going to want to stay at for long periods of time but tolerable enough to get your degree and get out.

The freshman dorms are super small and everything breaks down throughout the school year. It's very hard to get things in your room fixed by the school so usually you have to put up with it or spam the housing website until someone comes down and fixes it for you. The library is really nice and only full during finals and midterms weeks but its too far away from the freshman dorms. Other great places to study are Wade Fireside and the Coffee Shop on Juniper which are a lot closer and the Coffee Shop takes Cash Cash which is a definite plus. The cost of living here is really overpriced; from the meal plan each meal costs about $13.50 which is preposterous since no one, not even the football players can eat that much in one sitting; mainly because the food is so bad here. The campus itself is very pretty and you notice this maybe like 4 weeks out of the entire school year because the rest of the time the weather is downcast cloudy, monsoon-like rains or blizzards. If you like dark, depressing weather then this is the place for you. The ability to catch crime here is a joke because our safety alerts come about 3-4 hours after the incident has already happened and campus police never catch the perpetrator. Furthermore, it's a long running joke around here that if anything gets misplaced or stolen, it's always due to that "5 foot 6 inches to 6 foot black male, ages 23-26 wearing a dark hoodie". (They did finally catch this guy however after about 6 muggings; one of which was literally in the entranceway to my dorm). Overall happiness at this campus is about a 4 and comes from the blissfully unaware folk who's happiness is about an 11 out of 10 but they live in la-la land and have never been exposed to things like drugs and alcohol and the -2 happiness of everyone else on campus who realize how sad it is that Case tries to be like an Ivy by giving so much homework that we have the 2nd biggest courseload in the nation (just below MIT) yet we're still only ranked in the 50s as top schools. So common Case, give us college students a break and maybe a little happiness by adjusting your work setting lower and your fun setting higher so we're more like our 50's ranking.

The admissions process is pretty standard. You must fill out the Common Application online and submit an additional essay. I applied early action mainly because it was offered and I was anxious to know that I would get into at least one school no matter where it was. For financial aid, all I filled out was FAFSA although there may have been a separate application for merit aid since I didn't receive a scholarship, only a grant which seemed peculiar since I am phenomenal at academics and majority of people who end going to Case have been given some form of academic scholarship so I must've missed the boat on that one.