As a top tier state school, the academic quality is excellent. There are 9 core general eduaction requirements that help provide an interesting outlook and a some good life skills. There are plenty of research opportunities as well as study abroad options. The student body overall is extermely intelligent and definitely more collaborative than competitive.

One of my favorite aspects of Binghamton University is the residential life - especially as an underclassmen. There are five unique residential communities with their own dining halls that help make a midsize school feel smaller when necessary. The surrounding city of Binghamton is relatively safe and is slowly growing into a college town with more and more student housing moving into the city.

The admissions process is pretty standard with an option for early action. Most scholarships are need based and any academic performance based scholarships come after a year or so of attendance at BU.

Clearly defined major degree requirements, academic advising always available, small core class sizes, easy accessibility of professors and ample amounts of research opportunities, high competitiveness, subjective/fair grading, notable faculty, easy and related study abroad opportunities, and a manageable workload.

Great housing, exceptionally low cost of living, manageable sized campus, high end facilities, fantastic library, many dining options, nice neighborhood, good community relations, no crime and much safety, overall high level of happiness

Early Action preferred, Common Application accepted, little financial aid for merit - majority receive for income purposes, hard for out of state students to get in

I think the course in this university is a little bit hard.

First of all,Applicants should finish an online application.It includes any detail information of yours, and then,an essay required to finish application.

There are SUNY general education requirements, and each major requires about ten classes in the department, and then many others to supplement the major from other departments. One hundred level courses are usually large, but upper level courses are definitely smaller. Professors are very accessible through office hours and emails and research opportunities are available to students who want to participate. As a math major, I have a large workload. As a rule of thumb, my math classes say to do three hours of work outside of class for every hour in class.

I am extremely happy at Binghamton. I love living on campus. Each residence community is a small college within a large University. There are computer centers in each dorm, the library is a five minute walk away, each dorm has its own dining hall, and I feel extremely safe. I could not be happier!

The admissions process when I applied was very selective. There was early action and regular decision. I used the common application, but one could also use the SUNY application.

general requirements, small class sizes, only a few good academic advisers, lots of research opportunities, fair grading, distinguished faculty, broad study abroad program

moderately priced housing, very safe dorms and campus, strained community relations, poor weather, overall quality of life very high, low crime rate

essays, common application or SUNY application, early action, financial aid and scholarships through financial aid department

There are general education requirements (aesthetics, social science, lab science, mathematics, foreign language, wellness, etc). Academic advising is always available, no matter what your major. Advising is also strongly encouraged by the faculty. Class sizes for introductory classes never exceeds about 350 students but individualized attention is not a problem either. Hundreds of study abroad opportunities.

Dorms are air conditioned and the community style living (modeled after Oxford University) promotes a feeling of home.

Binghamton accepts the Common Application and the SUNY Application. You may apply using either, and both are considered equally. Binghamton does not conduct interviews with prospective students. Binghamton is bringing back the Early Action process after a two year hiatus.

I was the valedictorian of my graduating high school class so i had certain expectations for the quality of my undergraduate academic experience. I am pleased to say that Binghamton University has exceeded my expectations with their challenging but stimulating courses, accomplished faculty members, the richness of their degree programs, and the number of opportunities students have for research, additional assistance, and studying abroad. Students can receive guidance from the college that they attend at BU (ie Harpur, SOM, Watson, Decker, etc.) and they can also receive specialized advice from professionals in their field of interest.

I am quite satisfied with my dorming experience.

Early action application, reasonable application process through the SUNY application system but NO financial aid for incoming freshmen

AMAZINGGG

cost of living: low

quality of life: high!

common application

The school is competitive but not cut-throat. The classes are full of extremely bright students, but it is not overwhelming. Professors are more than happy to answer questions and are typically very knowledgeable.

Housing is excellent and brings a small school feel to a larger university. The campus is located near an urban center and natural highlights for a perfect mix. The cost of living is an excellent value and the Residential Life experience is one of the main reasons why I came to Binghamton.

There are general requirements but in interesting fields like Pluralism, Globalization and Humanities. There are a lot of study abroad opportunities and you can still graduate on time. CLass sizes are relatively small or break down into discussion groups.

Housing is the best part. We have Oxford style communities, so instead of having just 40 random dorms, we have 7 living communities of 5 or 6 buildings, where you get to know everyone in your community.

You can use common application or SUNY application. YOu have to write essays, there are no interviews. There are not many scholarships, only financial aid.