“Binghamton University School of Management”
October 2015CURRENT STUDENT

A lot of opportunities for employment.

School of Management is very competitive.

There are many events and workshops designed to help students professional development.

Most of the on campus career opportunities are mainly for accounting and finance students.

Comments

Make sure you work hard from the beginning in order to have a competitive resume by the time you are a junior.

The academics are very well set up in my opinion. There are a vast amount of options to fulfill general education requirements, and professors are always available through office hours and after class if anything needs to be discussed. The workload is adequate in my opinion, as students can take courses knowing what type of commitment and work level they are getting themselves into. I have heard great things about the study abroad program and I hope to become involved in it in the future.

I cannot complain about the housing or cost of living at Binghamton. The facilities and libraries are very well maintained and always have adequate resources to utilize. I have never once felt unsafe walking around campus, even at night, and I am always happy when I am at school.

The application process was the same. There is a special scholar program in the business school called PWC scholars, which offers job opportunities and scholarships.

Very well-rounded courseload, i liked the fact that we were required to take classes in areas outside of our majors. Also, within my major (Marketing), there were a plethora of classes to choose from, if only I had more time I would have loved to take more. Class size were very large my first two years during popular intro classes, but gradually became much smaller as the classes became more advanced. The school was competitve, but not from student to student. It was competitive in the way that students and faculty were united in making Binghamton University a great school to compete with the top Universities in the nation. Accessibility of faculty , staff and advising was tremendous, a true testimanent that teh University cares about its students. I made great relationships with professors, advisors, and general staff around the University through my involvement over my four years.

I lived two years in a dorm, one year in an on-campus apartment, and one year in an off-campus house. Where to begin, everything was fantastic, food, quality of life, living style, and it's only getting better. I can't wait to see even more improvements in the years to come.

I remember the application being simpler than most other schools i applied to. I asked for a regular decision and was excited to be accepted, I attended a Binghamton meet-up for accepted students near me at a hotel in a neighboring town. Binghamton really made an effort to show that they wanted me to go there.

Some is common sense and partly boring, most is interesting and good for future knowledge

I cant complain it has been a great experience with everthing

It was very simple. Applied, waited and recieved an answer within a resonible time

In terms of cost benefit analysis, it is bar none one of the best options out there. That said, it's a bit of a time encapsulated experience, in which the latest technology and modern practices or facilities are not really at students disposal.

2008

common application rolling admission

many gen eds in my specific school, fair major requirements, great academic advising, good management of class sizes even when an intro class, good accessibility of professors, many research opportunities, high competitiveness, fair grading, many notable staff members, great and very accessible study abroad programs and a very heavy workload.

SUNY application, essay (choose your own topic), references, early action, typical things like this.

General requirements and some electives.

Common App and SUNY App

The class sizes are very manageable. Most classes have a lecture portion, but then will also have a discussion section that usually has no more than 20 students so that students may get individal attention. Free tutors are available at request. Advisors are always available and frequently host advising sessions to aid in course selection and decisions about majors. Professors hold office hours a few times each week where they are available to answer questions. For larger classes, there are usually Teachers Assistants who also hold office hours. Major requirements vary, but are usually very flexible and require taking prerequisites and specific upper-level courses. The general education requirements can be completed at any time throughout a student's career and are flexible enough that they can sometimes be completed through a required course in a student's major. Workshops about study abroad opportunities are available throughout the semester.

Binghamton University accepts either the common application or the SUNY application so the process is pretty straightforward. It is convenient to apply to Binghamton because you need only send your ACT or SAT scores, so you do not need to take both exams. What makes the school so competitive is that there are so many students that apply for a limited number of spots.

Regular decision process. Requires letters of recommendations that are taken very seriously. This basically serves as your interview. They accept the Common application as well as the SUNY application.