“Binghamton University School of Management”
October 2015CURRENT STUDENT

A lot of opportunities for employment.

School of Management is very competitive.

There are many events and workshops designed to help students professional development.

Most of the on campus career opportunities are mainly for accounting and finance students.

Comments

Make sure you work hard from the beginning in order to have a competitive resume by the time you are a junior.

The academics are very well set up in my opinion. There are a vast amount of options to fulfill general education requirements, and professors are always available through office hours and after class if anything needs to be discussed. The workload is adequate in my opinion, as students can take courses knowing what type of commitment and work level they are getting themselves into. I have heard great things about the study abroad program and I hope to become involved in it in the future.

I cannot complain about the housing or cost of living at Binghamton. The facilities and libraries are very well maintained and always have adequate resources to utilize. I have never once felt unsafe walking around campus, even at night, and I am always happy when I am at school.

The application process was the same. There is a special scholar program in the business school called PWC scholars, which offers job opportunities and scholarships.

Very well-rounded courseload, i liked the fact that we were required to take classes in areas outside of our majors. Also, within my major (Marketing), there were a plethora of classes to choose from, if only I had more time I would have loved to take more. Class size were very large my first two years during popular intro classes, but gradually became much smaller as the classes became more advanced. The school was competitve, but not from student to student. It was competitive in the way that students and faculty were united in making Binghamton University a great school to compete with the top Universities in the nation. Accessibility of faculty , staff and advising was tremendous, a true testimanent that teh University cares about its students. I made great relationships with professors, advisors, and general staff around the University through my involvement over my four years.

I lived two years in a dorm, one year in an on-campus apartment, and one year in an off-campus house. Where to begin, everything was fantastic, food, quality of life, living style, and it's only getting better. I can't wait to see even more improvements in the years to come.

I remember the application being simpler than most other schools i applied to. I asked for a regular decision and was excited to be accepted, I attended a Binghamton meet-up for accepted students near me at a hotel in a neighboring town. Binghamton really made an effort to show that they wanted me to go there.

Some is common sense and partly boring, most is interesting and good for future knowledge

I cant complain it has been a great experience with everthing

It was very simple. Applied, waited and recieved an answer within a resonible time

In terms of cost benefit analysis, it is bar none one of the best options out there. That said, it's a bit of a time encapsulated experience, in which the latest technology and modern practices or facilities are not really at students disposal.

2008

many gen eds in my specific school, fair major requirements, great academic advising, good management of class sizes even when an intro class, good accessibility of professors, many research opportunities, high competitiveness, fair grading, many notable staff members, great and very accessible study abroad programs and a very heavy workload.

SUNY application, essay (choose your own topic), references, early action, typical things like this.

common application rolling admission

Gen-ed classes are a great way to get started

Major requirements are not unreasonable, pretty loose or straightforward depending on the major - both are good.

Class sizes start large and get smaller and more intimate

Professors and research are readily available

Somewhat competitive, fair grading

Spectacular. Great dorm life, great people, little crime, awesome facilities, great library, AWESOME!

Pretty basic, regular essay and one supplemental essay and supplement form.

Early action & regular decision.

Common Application, SUNY application

Common Application

Some professors were more accessible than others. There are general education requirements. Depending on which school you are in within the university, there are core classes. Class sizes are way too big and need to be minimized especially in the upper level classes! The workload is moderate and grading is pretty fair. There doesn't seem to be a competitiveness in the university.

I love the campus life. Living in communities help make you feel like you belong. The dining halls are good. The cost of living on campus is average. There isn't a lot of room in the library to study. I always feel safe walking through campus at night.

SUNY application or Common Application was accepted. No interviews needed. Early action was an option.