expensive, safe

I felt like the classes within my major prepared me for the real world as best as they could. Academic advising was a joke both before and after I declared my major. They really didn't give much guidance and were mostly annoyed that they had to deal with you. Study abroad opportunities were limited and costly.

Cost of living is good, campus is great, the community and town are wonderful and I was always happy living here as a student as I am now as an alumni who works here.

I was a transfer student from a community college. I don't remember the process, but I know I felt like I was a "sure thing" to get in. I got a transfer scholarship when I arrived and was able to get financial aid without a problem. I was also a work study student for one year.

2004 or earlier

My biggest gripe is parking. Parking on and around campus is virtually impossible. The university eliminates parking facilities every semester to preserve the schools 'traditional' look and feel. The towing companies around here are vicious too, operating 24/7 all over town.

Scholarship opportunities were based entirely on high school GPA and ACT/SAT scores.

Dining is the downfall of this campus.

Auburn has made several improvement to our campus. The student have new housing and dining all over campus. It is a very pleasant campus atmosphere.

I transferred to Auburn University. I had to have transcripts, grades and SAT score.

2004 or earlier

Most of the teachers I've had so far have been very good. Luckily, I tested out of a lot of the core curriculum based on AP scores, but Auburn does a very poor job of giving the correct information of what core curriculum you will get AP credit for (the website does not list everything, such as getting History credit for AP US History). Academic advising is poor as well. Auburn needs to make sure advisers know the curriculum and every class the students need to take. There need to be more study abroad opportunities through Auburn Abroad. I have scholarship money for study abroad, and I wanted to go on an Auburn Abroad trip since it will be my first trip out of the country. However, as a math major, there are no Auburn math programs abroad.

I was on "The Hill" when they were sorority dorms, and there was very little feeling of community there. I didn't get to know anyone in my dorm besides my suitemates.

The Auburn application is very easy. They admit people based on mostly ACT scores and consider GPA only when it's too low.

Academic advising is required, but is only as helpful as you make it. Research opportunities seem to be very good. Faculty vary incredibly from strict to carefree, from incredible professors to instructors who themselves do not firmly grasp the material, and from easy-A's to professors who have no problem failing the entire class.

Very early (fills up with accepted applicants quite early). Scholarships available to the university as a whole are automatically applied for in the most part, once you submit a FAFSA to the school and are accepted.

2007