Must have certain GPA along with interview to get into major. Class size is large (80-100) for core classes, major classes small (25-30). Professors become mentors, very accessible. Lots of research opportunities available, Italy study abroad program is wonderful. Grade tough-but that's how college is.

Loved living on campus. Housing is remarkable, food wonderful, cost of living reasonable, library new and redone, low crime & feel safe.

Application included essays, no early decision/early action.

My ranking is based on my experience within my major. Auburn's core curriculum offers opportunities to study a variety of fields without being overwhelming or distracting from a student's major. Class sizes are good on the whole, more good be done to lessen the size of upper-level science courses. Professor accessibility and research opportunities from undergraduate students are superb; the focus placed on undergraduates at Auburn is outstanding. Grading is fair, professors will reward students for hard work but are unafraid to hand out low-marks; all A's (and B's) must be earned. The workload could seem heavy at times, but considering that my major is geared for future doctors and pharmacists, it is more than understandable that we should feel overwhelmed at times.

Auburn has an outstanding quality of life. The city is extremely safe, Auburn residents love meeting students, and everyone overall just loves being an Auburn student. Compared to larger markets (Atlanta, DC, etc.) housing is unbelievably inexpensive and well-kept. The cost of living is low as well with lower food prices and public transportation provided through the university. The library is open 24 hours during the school week and has quite a bit of space, providing an excellent study resource for students. Overall, few if any Auburn student would go anywhere else.

Auburn does not use the Common Application, but the application is simple and straight-forward, asking mostly only demographic information. Recently, students were asked to attach a list of extracurricular activities as well. Some scholarships are merit-based and some are merit and need-based; Auburn offers a large amount of need-based aid as well. The ability to "stack" scholarship offers from outside sources, university-wide and department-specific funds allows students to build a package up to the cost of attendance. Scholarship opportunities have increased dramatically since the recent capital campaign, specifically Freshman Scholarships. Auburn has Early Action but no Early Decision; Early Action is non-binding and is based solely on GPA and ACT/SAT test scores. Regular decision takes into consideration the extracurricular activities attachment as well as any other considerations brought to the attention of the admissions committees.

I love it here! The town is small enough that you I feel at home, yet large enough that you have things to do. The types of houseing vary a lot; from dorms, to appartments, to town homes and mobile homes, it's all here. I feel very safe in Auburn and never really give a second thought to being in unsafe conditions. Now that I am here, I would never choose otherwise if given the chance.

Auburn has a large amount to study abroad in countries like Spain, Italy and France, I know several people who went to these countries and loved it. Class sizes range from huge (up to 300 people) to small (up to 30 people.) It depends what class you take, such as beginning science, everyone needs it so they have a larger class size. They have Core Requirements so they can produce a well rounded student into the world, classes you must take include math, science, composition, literature and social science. After you complete these, you move on to your majors supporting coursework and/or prerequisite classes. Then they have outlined in a bulletin they give you during orientation your major requirements to graduate in that major. They also have readily availiable Academic Advisors on hand to help students with their plan of study.

When I came here, freshman could live off campus, but now they have built brand new dorms that are similar to apartments which I would have considered if I didnt already live off campus. Auburn has a very low crime rate and a small town field. I know all my neighbors in my apartment complex and have never had anything happen to me, my roommates or my apartment. They offer a large amount of dining services on campus which is good because they require new students to participate in a dining plan. Auburn University and the city of Auburn work very close together to ensure safety and a great time for all their residents, not just students. Not only is there a small town atmosphere but you have the convience of a city, there is a mall, walmart and target right down the road, as well as gas stations and great food places located everywhere. Because of this small town atmosphere with city convience I chose to go to Auburn.

I applied before Labor Day in 2006, which I believe helped me to be accepted. They do give preference to those with alumni. It is great to write a short paragraph about activities not involved in academics such as a job or sports. They ask questions such as why will you benefit Auburn, which you will have to write a short answer too. Overall the application process was very easy.

Academic advising in the college of engineering is great. grading is reasonable along with most of the professors grading policies. there are all kinds of opportunities here for research and professors are generally easy to talk to and care about their students

housing is very reasonable and new complexes are being built all the time, campus is beautiful, the facilities are nice and getting nicer with all the construction, library is one of the best in the sec crime is low, overall happiness is great

all students are automatically entered to be awarded university scholarships

Wonderful!

Very standard application; the process may have changed since I applied in 2005. No written portion really. If it was there, I left it blank.

No interview.

I believe it's rolling admissions so I'm unaware of early decision.

Great scholarships especially for those with an ACT score of 29 or higher.

Within the Honors College class sizes are reasonably small, of course regular core classes have much bigger class sizes. There a many study abroad opportunities and it is highly encouraged by all colleges to spend a semester abroad. The core class requirements are broad as to make students well-rounded.

Typical application process, short essay questions, many scholarship opportunities within different colleges as well as the Honors College which sends you an invitation to apply if you are eligible.

Speaking strictly with regards to the Engineering Department, as I have little experience with other departments, academic advising, course structure, research opportunities, and career marketability are all top-notch. Class sizes are often relatively large, but many of these large classes can be taken as Honors classes, which are much more intimate and high-quality for the most part.

The application is fully online save for the required scores and documents that must be mailed. I do not believe that Auburn University uses the Common Application. Four short essays as well as a few sections of personal information are required. Admission is largely based on test scores and high school GPA, as are scholarship decisions. The necessary entrance/scholarship requirements are clearly outlined on the Auburn University website.

At Auburn you have a range of different teachers and classes. Auburn gives you the chance as a Freshman to join a Learning Community. LC's, as we call them, are a group of between 20-25 freshman majoring in the same subject that take core classes together as well as sometimes live in the same area (village, quad, hill).

Housing at Auburn is awesome. All 3 housing complexes are close to campus and are well maintained. All Auburn dorms are suites that include a bathroom per 2 rooms (2 people per room). The village however is apartment style housing shared by 4 suitemates with 2 bathrooms, living room, kitchen, and 4 bedrooms. All 3 complexes include kitchens, and washing rooms. You have many choices when it comes to Dining at Auburn. Although you have to buy the tiger meal plan, the food is actually pretty good and you have many choices. Outside of the dining plan there are even more choices. Auburn is covered with many restraunts. Auburn is very safe as well. We have recently added new emergency poles to alert the police if anything is to happen.

Auburn has it's own application unlike many schools. The Early Decision process is very simple compared to regular admission. For Early Decision process you answer 3-4 short answer questions about your self and fill out the regular student info with intended major and high school grades. You can also find out all you need to know online. I personally found out i got into Auburn by checking my application status online one night. You can also check to see if they have received your ACT/SAT scores and transcript simply by going online.