The business requirements are very specific, and cover a broad spectrum business curriculum. I'd say it's generally quite challenging.

ASU for the most part offers nice housing, it can be a bit expensive, as well as the meal plans. I didn't use the library much, crime is okay, not great.

It is a fairly simple application process. I think I did early decision and received a scholarship.

Quality of academics varies between the colleges. I studied architecture, where class sizes were small and degree requirements were strict; we all had to take the same classes. I also studied business, where schedules were more flexible, class sizes much larger, and faculty more engaging.

Housing is expensive, but convenient. Safety is good. There is a new emphasis on sustainability, with more recycling, more dining options, and a farmer's market. The libraries are great.

When I applied five years ago, there was an easy online application.

Workload in the business school is very low. Study abroad opportunities are amazing.

Extremely happy, always feel safe, dining facilities are great. ASU has strong community relations.

Standard application for undergraduate entry. Honors college required further essays and application

Applied to ASU...got in. Ya they lived up to their reputation of having a rigorous admissions process.

Large general classes. Plenty of research opportunities and study abroad opportunities. Engineering classes more difficult and more work.

Relatively low crime, many student activities. Many facilities, and plenty of housing in the area.

Application, no essay. High School Transcript, no letters of recommendation.

At ASU, a good education must be extracted. As it is such a large university, there are many wonderful opportunities to excel and master the subjects of your choice. However, they are often extremely difficult to get to as you fight the bureaucracy of advising departments, the confusion of adding courses that are not within your own major, and the fact that thousands of other students are in the same boat. However, I was thankfully in the Honors College, which often vouched for me/provided information regarding opportunities on campus that anyone could have access to, but simply hadn't heard about, and so I had access to many research opportunities, kept good relationships with my professors, went abroad several times, studied foreign languages over the summer terms, and kept a well-balanced workload of liberal arts classes. The classes themselves varied from easy to difficult depending on the professor, as much as any school would vary. Most courses really didn't get difficult or interesting until you reached the third or fourth-year-levels. This was due to peers (class size and the levels of maturity of peers) and the professor (how interested they actually were in the material and whether they had any interest in us). Class size was up to 500 in pre-requisite courses, and down to 10 in specialized courses. Fortunately, the more notable professors were often teaching the most lectures. I would not have had so many good professors if it weren't again for the fact that as an honors student, I was given priority when registering for classes. The honors courses were always quite a bit more rigorous. I saw a lot of students flounder in this system, because without someone like the honors college to guide you, it was very easy to lose your way, and lose faith in yourself.

Housing definitely improved in the last two years, when Barrett built their new honors facility, which includes housing, a dining hall, classrooms, and generally an honors neighborhood. The cost of living is extensive anywhere on campus, but that is not surprising, and university-affiliated apartments matched prices to non-affiliated apartments in the same areas. The library and classroom are top-notch. Dining and the neighborhood are very busy, and the off-campus scene is good. However, given that the campus is so large, crime and safety were often a concern. I was not comfortable riding my bike home at night, and opted to take my car. Parking was very expensive, especially for a covered lot. My overall happiness was good- I saw the same levels of happiness in those who chose to extract a good education. As mentioned before, those who struggled with the system were not as gratified.

I submitted a general application for ASU and a secondary application for the Honors College, which included an essay. By submitting an application, I was automatically applied for a merit-based scholarship based on my high-school GPA. ASU was not a selective school. Barrett, however, has become increasingly more difficult to get into as the years go by. I confirmed my enrollment with both schools in May of 2006.

very easy.

Regular application with a few essays

General requirements are very appropriate. I am not required to take classes that have no pertinence to my education. Major requirements are also appropriate. I have had great experiences with my professors as well. They have been helpful outside of class, as well has have produced great learning environments inside of class. Although the general University isn't too competitive, my specific major is. Grading is fair University-wide, as well as in my major, specifically.

The library and dining facilities are great. They neighborhood is wonderful. It is safe, but also close enough to large cities to offer plenty of opportunities. It is also safe, the number one crime is bike theft and the number two crime is laptop theft, so I always feel safe.

I did not have to do an interview or an essay to apply for Arizona State University. I just submitted a basic application.