Large classes were mostly Socratic. Participation was usually mandatory at some level. Cold calling happened despite many asking to answer questions. The lower level intro classes (ie 1L classes) were largely theory and classes become more practical as the level increased.

1L classes were around 150 people, after that classes ranged by popularity, sometimes as small as 10.

There are three heavily promoted study abroad programs.

The faculty were always available, even outside of office hours.

It's in downtown Boston, which is expensive. Most people commuted in.

All the above needed to be submitted. There were a few essay questions as well.

The quality of the classes was excellent. The professors were well prepared, had thoughtful lesson plans and engaged the students. The program requirements were also execellent. Three semesters of writing provided a strong foundation for excellent legal writing - which I think is one of the most important practical skills to have as a lawyer. My writing skills markedly improved during the course of the program. We were also required to challenge ourselves with presentations and mock trials. Although I was not interested in litigation, these requirements forced me to learn these skills, which are also applicable and necessary in any environment. I also found the faculty to be highly committed to the program and students. They were enthusiastic and seemed to care about their students' understanding of the material and overall success. I felt very prepared for the bar exam at the time of graduation and have used the skills and knowledge I got from NESL as a practicing attorney.

The cost is reasonable for the area.

Broad combination of teaching that exposed me to several teaching methods, both Socratic and small group high level instruction. Many of the adjunct professors were nationally recognized litigators or transactional attorneys.

The school is centrally located in Boston with great access to several T lines. Everyday to the school you recognized historical land marks while surrounded by the best of Boston's business, dinning, and culture.

I was impressed by the academics at NESL. Each professor cares deeply that each student understands the material and is able to apply it to practical situations. While each professor has mandatory office hours, you are able to find most professors willing to meet outside of those hours if you just ask. Most times drop ins are also welcome. I never had a professor not make time in their own schedule for a question I had in their class or in the law in general. They are also available for practical guidance such as how to find jobs etc.

Although there is theory taught in each class, there are many hands on opportunities to be involved in actual practical application. For instance, NESL provides many clinical opportunities both on and off the school grounds. You are required to have taken a course relating to your clinical prior to working in that area so that you are best able to apply the knowledge that you have gained. This helps use what you have learned in class to see how it will work in the real world. This program also provides a participating student with actual and valuable work experience.

While NESL is competitive, as is any law school, the students are respectful of one another and no nasty tricks are performed. In other schools, you hear stories of students ripping out pages in books so that others won’t have access to the same material for a class, but those unfortunate situations do not happen at NESL. Students compete against each other with the knowledge they have learned, not nasty tricks.

The study abroad programs are amazing opportunities. These programs allow students to learn in a different atmosphere than they would normally. It enables a student to learn the local customs of an island such as Malta, and see many beautiful sights and have a lot of fun as well. The classes are taught by teachers from each law school involved in the program. Attendance is very strictly enforced, so the study abroad should not be taken as a time to completely goof off in an amazing foreign country.

Many professors have their own individual research projects that a student can become involved in. There are three different journals that provide invaluable experience. There are also many leadership positions available through the various student organizations and professor lead projects.

All in all, it is an amazing school.

I believe that NESL has the lowest tuition for a MA private law school education. That helps with the loans part of life.

The location of the school is right in downtown Boston and within walking distance of pretty much anywhere. Those places that aren’t within walking distance you can get to and from NESL quickly on all of the MBTA lines. The red, green and orange are blocks away from the school, while the blue is a short transfer.

The neighborhood is very safe and essentially on the Boston Common (one block from it). Many students, in the warm weather, study on the Common for a change of pace. Since its right downtown there are also many many restaurants which range from the cheaper pizza joints, small sandwich shops, little restaurants, to the expensive fine dinning. Every budget is met!

The students are generally happy and enjoy life, or enjoy it as much as you can as a student.

Class size is standard for a 1st year section (around 90 students). The sections are less socratic (although some professors still stick by that method) and more discussion based. The professors here are incredible - some of the faculty include the chief justice of the Federal District Court of Massachusetts, one of the justices of the Massachusetts Supreme Judicial Court, and many currently practicing attorneys. In addition to strong faculty, the school also has a great clinical program, allowing students to work in legal internships for credit. I will be involved in the clinic program starting in the fall, when I will begin an administrative law clinic.

Admissions process is very personal. The admissions members are eager to talk to applicants regularly about their applications, and when I was accepted to New England, I received a personal phone call telling my of my admission before I had even received an acceptance letter. They also offer generous scholarships, which enticed me to attend

Professors were top notch. Excellent clinical program which teaches how to practice law in a variety of fields.

Great school in the heart of the city. No on campus dorms, but they can help arrange meetings with other first year students looking for housing.

Overall, the professors were excellent and the academic program prepared me very well for both the bar exam and private practice. Professors were very encouraging and accessible. Most classes were taught using the Socratic method and there was more of a focus on practical study versus theory. This is definitely a school for practitioners, not future professors. I also participated in a number of clinical programs and a summer study abroad program, all of which was very rewarding and memorable.

Quality of life was great for a school located in the middle of a major city. Boston is expensive, but the school has scholarships and financial aid available. The facilities were clean and safe.

I was very impressed that faculty members wrote personalized letters to me after I applied and this was a major factor that led to my decision to attend New England Law rather than other schools where I was admitted.

Very pleased with the faculty - most of them come from higher ranked school. Very well prepared to teach the subject matter. I overall get a feeling that they really care about turning us into best quality lawyers. Class teaching method is mixed, between Socratic, lecture, practical exercises. High level LRW classes. Class size a little big for first year (103).

School has a tone of study abroad opportunities. Also, great website set up for job search, networking etc. Professors make themselves available to help with job search. School offers practical clinics in different areas of law. Academic advising - career development, studying techniques constantly available. School has "Academinc Excellence" program which helps 1Ls to prepare for finals and teaches study and reading methods uniques to law school. There are multiple opportunities constantly delievered vua email for job search, careers fairs, Westlaw and Lexis free training.

Do not live on campus. School is located practically in the middle of Boston. Tone of restaurants, theathres, bars, movies, etc.. Great place to live although I prefer living right outside of the city and commuting by T. Public transport good. Boston is a little pricey to live in and hard to keep a car (parking issues). School facilites are ok - great library. I do not use computer labs.

I found the admission process to be exactly the same as for any other law school in the area (I applied to two other law schools in Boston)

They offer many different classes both in broad subjects and particular ones. Class sizes are the most ideal. Many different academic area of studies are available as well as research opportunities. Grading is fair. Workload is both challenging and manageable.

Cost of living is expensive as we are located in downtown boston. Library is great, all resources are accessible. Neighborhood is right in the heart of Boston. Overall happiness is high!

Median range LSAT score was required, everything was updated through LSAC.