Greater professors for the most part, large 1st year class sizes- high student to faculty ratio. Tons of study abroad opportunities, clinic programs, Socratic method in most classes, no advisors, theory and black letter law, good prep for the MBE

High cost of living in Boston, unattractive building, no campus really, small cramped library, small moot courtroom but nice-looking, overall decent atmosphere and comfortable but not beautiful

The professors are fantastic. They are very knowledgeable and approachable. They want you to succeed. There are also many opportunities to do many different things, from clincs and internships to study abroad.

It's a very positive atmosphere. Everyone is nice and helpful. The students are supportive of one another, and everyone wants everyone else to succeed.

Admissions process was great. They made us feel important, more than just a number. My acceptance letter was very personal.

Other

Study abroad is a must do its a great experience to learn about law from another perspective

No Campus living

the clinical programs are a good way for students to get first-hand experience of real world practice.

Provides merit-based full scholarship to entering students.

The great thing about NESL is that you get a wonderful balance between practical learning and theory. Class sizes were never overwhelming and the atmosphere was always congenial.

NESL doesn't offer housing and unfortunately doesn't have a student center. However, the school's location is in a very lively area and there is always plenty of social activities to partake in.

New England Law gives students a high quality education. There is a strong emphasis on practical studies through research opportunities, intern/externships, and in-class preparation. New England is commonly known around Boston and the Commonwealth as a school that produces high quality litigators, which can be attributed to the school's emphasis on practical legal training. The professors pride themselves (and enjoy) being available to the students. I was always able to reach and speak with my professors. Many professors stay after class, make themselves available via email, and/or do not require appointments to meet with them. The workload is arguably more intense than at other schools because 1L students are required to take constitutional law the second semester of their first year. Many schools do not require students to take constitutional law and if they do it is a 2L course. The professors understand that the coursework is intense and strenuous, which is why they go out of their way to make themselves available. Upon graduation and passing the bar, I was employed with a nonprofit and spending multiple days a week litigating cases in court. I can say with absolute certainty that my education at New England Law allowed me to successfully hit the ground running and be an asset to my organization and clients.

We dont have dorms but it is in Boston which is really nice. I am from Boston but I never left because I love it. Library is great and location is right down town so it is usualy a ten min. walk to internships and state government.

LSAT's, essay, undergrad grades, resume. Got a scholarship from admissions. Had to ask them for it.

Classes are great. The professors are experts and are excellent *teachers.* Socratic method is used where appropriate--which is not everywhere.

The only courses that are lacking are the adjunct faculty-taught courses, which are hit or miss. Some professors are amazing, others are sub-par.

The school is nice and well-kept. The library has adequate resources for the size of the student body.

There is no on-campus housing.

LSAT plus a letter and some typical stuff. Good scholarship opportunities.

Generally, the quality of classes was pretty good. There is a good balance between theory and practical study. The Socratic method is used primarily in first year classes and is eventually phased out to either discussion or volunteer participation in the more advanced classes. The research and clinical opportunities are fantastic. The Tax Clinic was an excellent experience.

Living in Boston is great. There is plenty to do when you aren't studying. Crime and safety is not a general concern. The school is in a pretty centralized location, which is close to internship opportunities and with plenty of options for food and housing. The library can feel a bit small at times (finals week) but generally there is somewhere open and quiet to study.

It was a pretty standard application with flexible requirements as to LSAT scores.

Very fine academics. Some class sizes were quite large but then some were desirably very small.

It is above average.

The school wanted to know what we planned to with the JD degree.