New England Law Boston provides a unique combination of theoretical learning through the Socratic method and practical hands-on experience through clinical programs. Contrary to many colleagues and friends who graduated from other law schools, I truly felt prepared to practice in the real world upon graduating from New England Law. I was therefore able to secure a job upon graduation, and I immediately became a valuable member to my firm.

The library and research facilities are constantly being updated and renovated, and facilities are truly exceptional and accessible at any time. new England Law has an excellent moot courtroom, and is located in a very safe area in the heart of Boston.

Taking classes at night was an excellent opportunity to take classes with local professionals, all of whom were very eager to help us network, sit down outside of class and talk about career opportunities, and share their "real world" stories as a learning tool.

The librarians are AMAZING -- some more expensive schools might have a fancier computer lab, but you will never get a benefit proportional to what you are paying. And at the end of the day you want the human resources a school can offer and you are not going to beat the people willing to help you at New England School of Law.

I like that the school clearly worked to create a diverse student body by bringing in not just people with different ethnic or cultural backgrounds, but also different age groups, different professions, different experiences.

Large classes were mostly Socratic. Participation was usually mandatory at some level. Cold calling happened despite many asking to answer questions. The lower level intro classes (ie 1L classes) were largely theory and classes become more practical as the level increased.

1L classes were around 150 people, after that classes ranged by popularity, sometimes as small as 10.

There are three heavily promoted study abroad programs.

The faculty were always available, even outside of office hours.

It's in downtown Boston, which is expensive. Most people commuted in.

All the above needed to be submitted. There were a few essay questions as well.

The classes were excellent. First year, all the classes are taken with a "section" of students, large class size of over 100 students, and more of a survey-style learning environment, except for Legal Research and Writing, which was a smaller class of only about 20 students. Second and third years, the classes were generally smaller, with a large selection of classes available. The faculty was extremely accessible and very knowledgeable in the areas they taught. The adjunct professors were often practitioners in the fields they taught, which allowed for extremely current and up-to-date learning. For example, the White Collar Crime class was taught by an assistant state attorney general, who prosecuted daily the types of crimes we studied in class. The Employment Law professor had worked in employment law before joining the faculty, and many of my other professors were published and well-respected in the areas in which they instructed. The faculty was excited about the subjects they taught and excited to help us learn. Further, there was a Bar Exam Preparation course available for students in their final semester. That class was invaluable in helping me learn how to prepare for and take the bar exam so that I could become a licensed, practicing attorney after graduation. Finally, the faculty has remained available to me after graduation, keeping in contact and really making me feel like I'm a member of the New England Law family.

The cost of living in Boston is quite high, but New England Law Boston had a website to help out-of-town incoming students like me navigate the housing situation, offering to match up incoming students as roommates and helping find affordable housing. The school itself is in a wonderful, vibrant neighborhood (the theater district), easily accessible by numerous forms of public transportation. There are plenty of places to eat around the school, including some very affordable restaurants in a food court just across the street in the transporation building. I never felt unsafe in the school's neighborhood, even though I often took evening classes, some of which did not end until almost 10:00 p.m.

I had to submit LSAT scores, letters of recommendation through LSDAS, a personal statement, and fill out the standardized application. There was an additional financial aid application and other scholarship opportunities were available to me just for applying.

The quality of the classes was excellent. The professors were well prepared, had thoughtful lesson plans and engaged the students. The program requirements were also execellent. Three semesters of writing provided a strong foundation for excellent legal writing - which I think is one of the most important practical skills to have as a lawyer. My writing skills markedly improved during the course of the program. We were also required to challenge ourselves with presentations and mock trials. Although I was not interested in litigation, these requirements forced me to learn these skills, which are also applicable and necessary in any environment. I also found the faculty to be highly committed to the program and students. They were enthusiastic and seemed to care about their students' understanding of the material and overall success. I felt very prepared for the bar exam at the time of graduation and have used the skills and knowledge I got from NESL as a practicing attorney.

The cost is reasonable for the area.

Classes are mostly practical study, the Socratic method is used by some but not all professors. Higher level classes are small numbers with the exception of bar material-specific courses. There are ample research opportunities, the grading is stringent, the study abroad opportunities are outstanding, and as far as faculty is concerned, I had a professor who helped write and review the multistate bar exam material for his subject field. Another professor missed a few classes when he had to go to the United Nations or other international conferences in his role as a luminary in international law.

New England Law is in right in the heart of downtown Boston, which is within ten minutes walk of most of Boston's important sites, and is a great part of the city. The facilities at the school are small, but safe and beautifully well-kept. The moot courtroom is great and students very seem happy.

Classes are between 30 and 130 students, the professors are extremely impressive, many use the Socratic method, although some prefer other ways of teaching. There are study abroad opportunities to many locations and clinic courses for credit give students the opportunity to gain hands-on experience while working to fill credit requirements.

The school has a nice library and moot court room. Housing in downtown Boston is costly. In general there is very little crime in the area of the school.

Essays were required for admission, LSAT scores were considered, many financial aid and scholarship opportunities are available.

The Socratic method is terrifying anywhere and everywhere but the majority of professors do a good job of trying to ease you into it but there are a few who legitimately cold-call, SCARY! Study abroad is very accessible and encouraged. Class sizes are decent and the 1L Divisions make great collaborative groups and law-school-family to celebrate (and commiserate) with throughout my first year!

Involved a lot of getting to know faculty and staff which was an unexpected and pleasant surprise. Also had a lot of information come our way regarding life in Boston, housing, 1L life, etc.

Broad combination of teaching that exposed me to several teaching methods, both Socratic and small group high level instruction. Many of the adjunct professors were nationally recognized litigators or transactional attorneys.

The school is centrally located in Boston with great access to several T lines. Everyday to the school you recognized historical land marks while surrounded by the best of Boston's business, dinning, and culture.

They have many study abroad opportunities. Also, most professors use the Socratic method but are not condescending when they do it. It's very competitive, but everyone is helpful at the same time.

The safety and happiness at the school is satisfactory. The library is great and there is plenty of room to study and ample computers to serve your needs.

The financial aid opportunities are great, they are very helpful in obtaining it too.