I was impressed by the academics at NESL. Each professor cares deeply that each student understands the material and is able to apply it to practical situations. While each professor has mandatory office hours, you are able to find most professors willing to meet outside of those hours if you just ask. Most times drop ins are also welcome. I never had a professor not make time in their own schedule for a question I had in their class or in the law in general. They are also available for practical guidance such as how to find jobs etc.

Although there is theory taught in each class, there are many hands on opportunities to be involved in actual practical application. For instance, NESL provides many clinical opportunities both on and off the school grounds. You are required to have taken a course relating to your clinical prior to working in that area so that you are best able to apply the knowledge that you have gained. This helps use what you have learned in class to see how it will work in the real world. This program also provides a participating student with actual and valuable work experience.

While NESL is competitive, as is any law school, the students are respectful of one another and no nasty tricks are performed. In other schools, you hear stories of students ripping out pages in books so that others won’t have access to the same material for a class, but those unfortunate situations do not happen at NESL. Students compete against each other with the knowledge they have learned, not nasty tricks.

The study abroad programs are amazing opportunities. These programs allow students to learn in a different atmosphere than they would normally. It enables a student to learn the local customs of an island such as Malta, and see many beautiful sights and have a lot of fun as well. The classes are taught by teachers from each law school involved in the program. Attendance is very strictly enforced, so the study abroad should not be taken as a time to completely goof off in an amazing foreign country.

Many professors have their own individual research projects that a student can become involved in. There are three different journals that provide invaluable experience. There are also many leadership positions available through the various student organizations and professor lead projects.

All in all, it is an amazing school.

I believe that NESL has the lowest tuition for a MA private law school education. That helps with the loans part of life.

The location of the school is right in downtown Boston and within walking distance of pretty much anywhere. Those places that aren’t within walking distance you can get to and from NESL quickly on all of the MBTA lines. The red, green and orange are blocks away from the school, while the blue is a short transfer.

The neighborhood is very safe and essentially on the Boston Common (one block from it). Many students, in the warm weather, study on the Common for a change of pace. Since its right downtown there are also many many restaurants which range from the cheaper pizza joints, small sandwich shops, little restaurants, to the expensive fine dinning. Every budget is met!

The students are generally happy and enjoy life, or enjoy it as much as you can as a student.

Socratic method, theory and practical, class size was excellent. The School divided the entire class in three sections, by alphabetical order.

The building was well equipped and had moot courtrooms and ampitheater classrooms. The school itself was located in a busy and popular section of the city.

Broad combination of teaching that exposed me to several teaching methods, both Socratic and small group high level instruction. Many of the adjunct professors were nationally recognized litigators or transactional attorneys.

The school is centrally located in Boston with great access to several T lines. Everyday to the school you recognized historical land marks while surrounded by the best of Boston's business, dinning, and culture.

Professors were top notch. Excellent clinical program which teaches how to practice law in a variety of fields.

Great school in the heart of the city. No on campus dorms, but they can help arrange meetings with other first year students looking for housing.

Class size is standard for a 1st year section (around 90 students). The sections are less socratic (although some professors still stick by that method) and more discussion based. The professors here are incredible - some of the faculty include the chief justice of the Federal District Court of Massachusetts, one of the justices of the Massachusetts Supreme Judicial Court, and many currently practicing attorneys. In addition to strong faculty, the school also has a great clinical program, allowing students to work in legal internships for credit. I will be involved in the clinic program starting in the fall, when I will begin an administrative law clinic.

Admissions process is very personal. The admissions members are eager to talk to applicants regularly about their applications, and when I was accepted to New England, I received a personal phone call telling my of my admission before I had even received an acceptance letter. They also offer generous scholarships, which enticed me to attend

They have many study abroad opportunities. Also, most professors use the Socratic method but are not condescending when they do it. It's very competitive, but everyone is helpful at the same time.

The safety and happiness at the school is satisfactory. The library is great and there is plenty of room to study and ample computers to serve your needs.

The financial aid opportunities are great, they are very helpful in obtaining it too.

Taking classes at night was an excellent opportunity to take classes with local professionals, all of whom were very eager to help us network, sit down outside of class and talk about career opportunities, and share their "real world" stories as a learning tool.

The librarians are AMAZING -- some more expensive schools might have a fancier computer lab, but you will never get a benefit proportional to what you are paying. And at the end of the day you want the human resources a school can offer and you are not going to beat the people willing to help you at New England School of Law.

I like that the school clearly worked to create a diverse student body by bringing in not just people with different ethnic or cultural backgrounds, but also different age groups, different professions, different experiences.

New England provides an extensive program in practical legal education. By the time we finish law school, students at New England are prepared to work in any field of law without a bunch of hand-holding and coddling by employers. New England has a strong international presence with internship opportunities at each international court as well as traditional study abroad programs in various countries where classes are offered as well as internship opportunities. The faculty are experts in their fields, but are 100% dedicated to the success of the students. They have a largely open door policy with respect to office hours and when they are not in their offices to meet with you face-to-face, they are more than happy to answer questions via email or phone. The adjunct faculty members provide a unique opportunity to learn from current practitioners. They choose to teach at New England in addition to working a full-time job in the legal field and are just as dedicated to helping the students succeed as are the full-time faculty. Many faculty members offer research opportunities to students and the school's centers are always involved in projects benefiting both the Boston community and the legal community.

Since New England is located in downtown Boston, living very close by can be expensive, but there are many students who commute from all parts of the city and even from neighboring towns. The students are an incredibly positive, close-knit group. The inevitable competitiveness of law school and the pressure we are all under to succeed is mitigated by the fact that everyone in your class is there to support you. You never feel like you are doing law school alone.

New England Law Boston provides a unique combination of theoretical learning through the Socratic method and practical hands-on experience through clinical programs. Contrary to many colleagues and friends who graduated from other law schools, I truly felt prepared to practice in the real world upon graduating from New England Law. I was therefore able to secure a job upon graduation, and I immediately became a valuable member to my firm.

The library and research facilities are constantly being updated and renovated, and facilities are truly exceptional and accessible at any time. new England Law has an excellent moot courtroom, and is located in a very safe area in the heart of Boston.

Overall, the professors were excellent and the academic program prepared me very well for both the bar exam and private practice. Professors were very encouraging and accessible. Most classes were taught using the Socratic method and there was more of a focus on practical study versus theory. This is definitely a school for practitioners, not future professors. I also participated in a number of clinical programs and a summer study abroad program, all of which was very rewarding and memorable.

Quality of life was great for a school located in the middle of a major city. Boston is expensive, but the school has scholarships and financial aid available. The facilities were clean and safe.

I was very impressed that faculty members wrote personalized letters to me after I applied and this was a major factor that led to my decision to attend New England Law rather than other schools where I was admitted.