Classes are mostly practical study, the Socratic method is used by some but not all professors. Higher level classes are small numbers with the exception of bar material-specific courses. There are ample research opportunities, the grading is stringent, the study abroad opportunities are outstanding, and as far as faculty is concerned, I had a professor who helped write and review the multistate bar exam material for his subject field. Another professor missed a few classes when he had to go to the United Nations or other international conferences in his role as a luminary in international law.

New England Law is in right in the heart of downtown Boston, which is within ten minutes walk of most of Boston's important sites, and is a great part of the city. The facilities at the school are small, but safe and beautifully well-kept. The moot courtroom is great and students very seem happy.

Large classes were mostly Socratic. Participation was usually mandatory at some level. Cold calling happened despite many asking to answer questions. The lower level intro classes (ie 1L classes) were largely theory and classes become more practical as the level increased.

1L classes were around 150 people, after that classes ranged by popularity, sometimes as small as 10.

There are three heavily promoted study abroad programs.

The faculty were always available, even outside of office hours.

It's in downtown Boston, which is expensive. Most people commuted in.

All the above needed to be submitted. There were a few essay questions as well.

Socratic method, theory and practical, class size was excellent. The School divided the entire class in three sections, by alphabetical order.

The building was well equipped and had moot courtrooms and ampitheater classrooms. The school itself was located in a busy and popular section of the city.

Taking classes at night was an excellent opportunity to take classes with local professionals, all of whom were very eager to help us network, sit down outside of class and talk about career opportunities, and share their "real world" stories as a learning tool.

The librarians are AMAZING -- some more expensive schools might have a fancier computer lab, but you will never get a benefit proportional to what you are paying. And at the end of the day you want the human resources a school can offer and you are not going to beat the people willing to help you at New England School of Law.

I like that the school clearly worked to create a diverse student body by bringing in not just people with different ethnic or cultural backgrounds, but also different age groups, different professions, different experiences.

The Socratic method is terrifying anywhere and everywhere but the majority of professors do a good job of trying to ease you into it but there are a few who legitimately cold-call, SCARY! Study abroad is very accessible and encouraged. Class sizes are decent and the 1L Divisions make great collaborative groups and law-school-family to celebrate (and commiserate) with throughout my first year!

Involved a lot of getting to know faculty and staff which was an unexpected and pleasant surprise. Also had a lot of information come our way regarding life in Boston, housing, 1L life, etc.

Class size is standard for a 1st year section (around 90 students). The sections are less socratic (although some professors still stick by that method) and more discussion based. The professors here are incredible - some of the faculty include the chief justice of the Federal District Court of Massachusetts, one of the justices of the Massachusetts Supreme Judicial Court, and many currently practicing attorneys. In addition to strong faculty, the school also has a great clinical program, allowing students to work in legal internships for credit. I will be involved in the clinic program starting in the fall, when I will begin an administrative law clinic.

Admissions process is very personal. The admissions members are eager to talk to applicants regularly about their applications, and when I was accepted to New England, I received a personal phone call telling my of my admission before I had even received an acceptance letter. They also offer generous scholarships, which enticed me to attend

The quality of the classes was excellent. The professors were well prepared, had thoughtful lesson plans and engaged the students. The program requirements were also execellent. Three semesters of writing provided a strong foundation for excellent legal writing - which I think is one of the most important practical skills to have as a lawyer. My writing skills markedly improved during the course of the program. We were also required to challenge ourselves with presentations and mock trials. Although I was not interested in litigation, these requirements forced me to learn these skills, which are also applicable and necessary in any environment. I also found the faculty to be highly committed to the program and students. They were enthusiastic and seemed to care about their students' understanding of the material and overall success. I felt very prepared for the bar exam at the time of graduation and have used the skills and knowledge I got from NESL as a practicing attorney.

The cost is reasonable for the area.

The classes were excellent. First year, all the classes are taken with a "section" of students, large class size of over 100 students, and more of a survey-style learning environment, except for Legal Research and Writing, which was a smaller class of only about 20 students. Second and third years, the classes were generally smaller, with a large selection of classes available. The faculty was extremely accessible and very knowledgeable in the areas they taught. The adjunct professors were often practitioners in the fields they taught, which allowed for extremely current and up-to-date learning. For example, the White Collar Crime class was taught by an assistant state attorney general, who prosecuted daily the types of crimes we studied in class. The Employment Law professor had worked in employment law before joining the faculty, and many of my other professors were published and well-respected in the areas in which they instructed. The faculty was excited about the subjects they taught and excited to help us learn. Further, there was a Bar Exam Preparation course available for students in their final semester. That class was invaluable in helping me learn how to prepare for and take the bar exam so that I could become a licensed, practicing attorney after graduation. Finally, the faculty has remained available to me after graduation, keeping in contact and really making me feel like I'm a member of the New England Law family.

The cost of living in Boston is quite high, but New England Law Boston had a website to help out-of-town incoming students like me navigate the housing situation, offering to match up incoming students as roommates and helping find affordable housing. The school itself is in a wonderful, vibrant neighborhood (the theater district), easily accessible by numerous forms of public transportation. There are plenty of places to eat around the school, including some very affordable restaurants in a food court just across the street in the transporation building. I never felt unsafe in the school's neighborhood, even though I often took evening classes, some of which did not end until almost 10:00 p.m.

I had to submit LSAT scores, letters of recommendation through LSDAS, a personal statement, and fill out the standardized application. There was an additional financial aid application and other scholarship opportunities were available to me just for applying.

Broad combination of teaching that exposed me to several teaching methods, both Socratic and small group high level instruction. Many of the adjunct professors were nationally recognized litigators or transactional attorneys.

The school is centrally located in Boston with great access to several T lines. Everyday to the school you recognized historical land marks while surrounded by the best of Boston's business, dinning, and culture.

New England provides an extensive program in practical legal education. By the time we finish law school, students at New England are prepared to work in any field of law without a bunch of hand-holding and coddling by employers. New England has a strong international presence with internship opportunities at each international court as well as traditional study abroad programs in various countries where classes are offered as well as internship opportunities. The faculty are experts in their fields, but are 100% dedicated to the success of the students. They have a largely open door policy with respect to office hours and when they are not in their offices to meet with you face-to-face, they are more than happy to answer questions via email or phone. The adjunct faculty members provide a unique opportunity to learn from current practitioners. They choose to teach at New England in addition to working a full-time job in the legal field and are just as dedicated to helping the students succeed as are the full-time faculty. Many faculty members offer research opportunities to students and the school's centers are always involved in projects benefiting both the Boston community and the legal community.

Since New England is located in downtown Boston, living very close by can be expensive, but there are many students who commute from all parts of the city and even from neighboring towns. The students are an incredibly positive, close-knit group. The inevitable competitiveness of law school and the pressure we are all under to succeed is mitigated by the fact that everyone in your class is there to support you. You never feel like you are doing law school alone.