College Works Painting gives undergraduate students an extraordinary opportunity to build a competitive resume and gain marketable leadership skills by teaching them how to manage their very own painting business.
We help them develop and demonstrate a strong skillset encompassing business ethics, communication, organizational management and sales, along with a firm understanding of the mechanics of leadership applicable to any profession.
To be the greatest professional learning experience any of our staff ever have.
Building tomorrow’s leaders.
RELATIONSHIPS ARE EVERYTHING
• We provide an environment that fosters great relationships.
• We believe that relationships drive results, our culture, and are a big reason for
• We believe that the cornerstone of relationships stands on the shoulders of
accountability. We honor our word.
• This is a responsibility of each individual - Everyone owns this value.
ONE MUST EARN THE RIGHT TO WORK HERE
• We want people who work here to believe in our cause and hold themselves
to the highest standard of excellence.
• We are a meritocracy. Only the best of the best are elevated.
• Humility, Work ethic, and proving yourself are table stakes.
• Everything else is meaningless unless you can capitalize and produce results.
• Pay is based on performance. If you get results, you get rewards.
• The top producers enable our company to exist and receive additional
compensation for their excellence.
• Do what you have to do now so you can do what you want to do later.
• Whole life fulfillment is the overall goal for everyone at College Works.
• We believe that success and happiness needs to coexist inside and outside of
• We don’t take ourselves too seriously, but we do take the results seriously.
GROWTH IN EXISTING AND NEW VENTURES
• We have a growth mindset that allows us to think creatively in overcoming
obstacles and challenges.
• We always strive to improve.
THE MANAGEMENT ADVENTURE
MAKE A BIG CAREER MOVE BEFORE YOU HAVE A CAREER.
You’ve got to start somewhere and this is the place. College Works is one of the leading business, leadership, internship programs in the country. That’s the case whether you’re talking to our interns, our corporate staff, corporate recruiters, the Vault Internship Guide or the Princeton Review Internship Bible.
It’s not just about the money you can earn, it’s about the first real-world experience you’ll get running a business, learning about leadership, management and entrepreneurship. You’ll go through training, work with a mentor, launch a marketing program, handle supplies, hire and fire, and you may just learn a thing or two about yourself in the process.
So, do you want to learn what it takes to be really successful?
EVERY GREAT CAUSE STARTS WITH A STRONG WHY.
At College Works Painting, our “why” is the core belief that young adults with drive, ambition and work ethic will do amazing things if given the right opportunity, instruction and support. Our goal is simple: to change the lives of the young people who participate in our program. We just happened to build one of the largest residential paint companies in the world along the way.
BUT I’VE NEVER RUN A BUSINESS BEFORE.
No, you probably haven’t. But we have. Successfully.
Consistently. With integrity. And you can learn how to do the same this summer. We will teach you, mentor you, support you and help you succeed. How well you succeed, however, is thoroughly and entirely up to you. You must come with your own great attitude and values: integrity, leadership, passion, drive, balance, honesty, and a desire for growth, communication and challenge. This is the place to work this summer.
THE TRAINING PROCESS.
- Two-Day Intern Training (Typically a Weekend in Jan-Mar) Classroom-style instruction with small group role-plays. All fundamentals are covered. Extensive question-and-answer sessions.
- Field Training with District Manager (Early Spring and Summer) Your D.M. teaches you how to apply what you learned in training. Every time you do something new, your D.M. helps you.
- District Manager Support (Throughout the Program) Weekly phone calls for progress updates, goal setting, and additional training. Calls continue throughout the program.
- Paint Training (Spring Break or First Week of Summer, Weather Dependent) Paint a house with D.M. and other members of your team. Emphasis is on jobsite management.
- Production Training (Typically a Weekend in April) One-day training before summer. Thorough review of management techniques and production management.
- Payroll Fridays (Bi-Weekly Fridays Throughout Summer) Company-wide meeting every two weeks to turn in customer checks and paperwork. Two hour training led by Vice President and by successful interns. Social event follows.
OUR RECRUITING PROCESS
After submitting your information we will reach out to start the recruiting process below.
WE’RE SO PROUD OF OUR ALUMNI!
Many of our alumni are working at extremely successful companies like Google, Amazon, Facebook, Deloitte, Boeing, Goldman Sachs, SpaceX, WayUp or they own and run large companies. Make sure to read their sweet success stories and how the College Works internship helped them get there.
WORK HARD, PLAY HARD
At College Works we work very hard but we play even harder. We want you to network, form relationships, and have a ton of fun with other interns. Many of our alumni made lifelong friends in the program. After all one of our values is, relationships are everything. You never know how a connection will benefit you in the future. Depending on the state you’re in, you’ll do a range of activities during the summer as you see below.
SKYDIVING • PAINTBALL • WHITE WATER RAFTING • LIMO NIGHTS • ATV RIDING • CAMPING TRIPS • BARBECUES • BOWLING NIGHTS • COMEDY CLUBS • BEACH PARTIES • GOLF TOURNAMENTS • CANADA & MEXICO TRIPS
Every year we take a Top Performer trip to Cancun, Mexico. See what 2018 looked like.
Media News and Awards
While we’re most proud of our interns, the company of CWP itself has been well recognized for our innovative approach, award winning web-based business operations and entrepreneurship.
2019 Vault #1 Internship for Career Development
2020 Talk of the Town
College Works has been featured in multiple national media outlets, including CNBC, American Express Open, New York Daily News, Inc., Los Angeles Times, and CNN Money.
Read some of our articles below:
- CNBC - The best summer internships will teach you these important career skills
- American Express Open - How to make internships work for you and your summer interns
- NY Daily News - Why college students should run their own businesses
- Los Angeles Times - College Works Painting gives students a taste of the 'work world'