Westar Energy Internship Program logo

Westar Energy Internship Program
Westar Energy, Inc.

“Meaningful and challenging while still being fun and friendly”
Topeka, KS2018VERIFIED INTERN

The great people that I got to work with made this summer very enjoyable and also the fact that I got to work on a real project and show my worth and not just have mediocre tasks like sorting papers was also very cool.

Probably the thing I liked the least was the more strict IT regulations here which were more just annoying than actually hindering to my work. I had a handful of times where I had to call IT because I didn't have admin rights on my computer and I needed certain programs or drivers. If I was full time however I think they would have given me access and that would have been less of an issue.

I wish I would have known more about how great this internship was compared to others in the same industry because I got lucky by getting this opportunity and I want others to be able to have the same opportunity as well. The people here are some of the best people you will ever work with.

Advice to Management

The only thing I would say is to bring parking vouchers back because they recently stopped offering them and now when you need to park in a parking garage to go to a meeting at a different building (General office since I am in a different building) then you have to pay for parking and then create an expense report. However, if you aren't an employee and say you are going in for an interview you can't create an expense report since you don't work here and you have to pay the parking fee to come to interview.

Uppers Downers Advice to Potential Interns Advice to Management Sample Interview Questions Would You Recommend