“Worked cross-functionally to provide a new framework for looking at the current equipment planning process.”
Omaha, NE2018VERIFIED INTERN

I was amazed by the level of impact of this project, and the depth of knowledge I was able to gain while working with the different individuals. The problem I was given is a real problem that the company is facing, not just somebody's pet project.

The research and work I did this summer was 90% me and 10% everyone else. I would have like the ability to work more collaboratively through the problem rather than having to address it all myself.

Make sure to reach out to groups other than your own team when you get stuck. I had to work with finance, marketing, mechanical, supply, distribution, and operations to complete my project. If I had only ever gone to my team I never would have discovered all the answers.

Advice to Management

I would have enjoyed working on a team or project that would replicate the experience I would have as a full time employee. The work I was doing felt quite different than the work the rest of my team was responsible for.