“Awesome summer, learned so much. It was such a great opportunity because APCO allows interns to get experience in all parts of the industry”
Washington, DC2013VERIFIED INTERN

They allowed us to work on clients, and do things of importance. They utilized us and treated us as if we were fellow employees, which not only made me feel important but it made me feel empowered. They encouraged us to get involved and I really really liked that. The pitch competition was amazing, it allowed us each to acquire skills that are required in the PR industry. I also really enjoyed how the intern positions are all different. You have two or three other interns you work with in your department. This created a very healthy environment between the interns. It would be only natural to see each other as competition, but there was no room for it because we were all working on entirely different projects and clients.

Honestly, cannot think of anything at the moment. Sorry!! I loved everything about it.

Get your hands on as many projects as you can! The more experience the better.