Go to Why Intern Here page
Abbott Internship Program logo

Abbott Internship Program
Abbott

“Abbott offers a competitive yet influential experience for all!”
Columbus, OH2019VERIFIED INTERN

The freedom, assignments, inclusivity and willingness to work with each student

For college you may be put in a quieter location like strugis Michigan or tipp city Ohio and that can leave one feeling stranded at first. This being said Abbott will work with you to find activities and other means of entertainment!

How friendly and open everyone is. Any task like this can be daunting, but as someone who's been with Abbott 3 summers now, I can't think of a single person I worked with that I didn't like and that didnt look at me as I lay a lowly intern. Everyone has an open door policy and will answer any questions you may have!

Advice to Management

Explain more of the situations you're in. Interns can often feel lost about managers emotions and feedback if managers aren't straight with us. There were times I thought I had messed up and my manager was mad, but it was something extrenious bothering them. No one likes explaining themselves in every detail, but providing that insight makes a manager more approachable!