Go to Why Intern Here page
Abbott Internship Program logo

Abbott Internship Program
Abbott

“Challenge yourself technically, professionally, and socially”
Abbott Park, IL2019VERIFIED INTERN

I am able to talk with many people from different departments to get a better idea of what I want to do. Since Abbott is such a big company, there are many roles that peak my interest and I am able to connect with people in a lot of them. I am doing real work that challenges me and that my team and many others will use when I leave.

The lack of a collaborative/open working environment. When I had to wait on other people to do something before I could do work and had nothing to do while waiting

There are so many different roles you could have here and people move around a lot. If you make the most of the internship, you can learn not just about your department's work, but about many others, which helps you get a better idea of what is out there.

Advice to Management

I wish there would have been more women in my department