“A Summer of Fast-Paced Learning and Excitement: An Engineering Intern's Perspective”
Houston, TX2015VERIFIED INTERN

Everybody gets along very well, almost like going to work with your buddies. Also, flex Friday is usually exercised around the various operational groups. The pay is extremely fair and the general mindset behind management is to foster and develop the interns with the best effort and tools possible. They truly see the potential in the interns and want to make the most of us, almost like an investment. This "contagious" mindset carries down from management into the operational groups and leads to a friendly atmosphere where they are always supportive of your personal development and education throughout the summer months. You will come out of this internship significantly more educated than when you came in, and that is almost a guarantee. My absolute favorite part of this internship was getting the opportunity to connect and network with a multitude of industry professionals and also being able to vastly improve my resume with valuable industry experience.

Overall, the internship was outstanding. It is very difficult to actually think of what may have been a con to this internship. It was very challenging (but fun) and kept me busy, so it is certainly not for anyone who wants to slip on by and slack off.

Safety is paramount. You are usually expected to perform your duties without being asked and no shortcuts are allowed. One recommendation I would have for a candidate evaluating this company among other companies is to create a decision matrix. Rank the valuable criteria, such as safety, financial health, operational locations, intern/engineer development programs, etc. The reason that I chose this organization as my employer is largely due to the great development program for new engineers, the good stories I hear about the people who are employed here, and the financial and operational health of the company.

Advice to Management

N/A