“Patent Law/Electrical Engineering Internship”
Peoria, IL2018VERIFIED INTERN

That I had a niche that I created for myself; I ended up being able to combine both law and engineering which creates the perfect balance for me, since I want to be a patent attorney. I also really enjoyed the friendly and relaxed working culture at Caterpillar; the work attitude was very healthy and my team has a great relationship.

Sometimes as an intern, you can run out of things to do. That being said, there's almost always something available if you ask around.

Caterpillar pays very well, is a Fortune 500 company that will be amazing on your resume, and has a fantastic working culture.

Advice to Management

CLMS could probably be shorted a bit, and maybe altered to adhere to the intern's roles (i.e., some of the training isn't relevant depending on what your day-to-day job is).