“The Most Valuable Experience”
Peoria, IL2018VERIFIED INTERN

The best aspect of my internship was my day-to-day tasks. I performed most of the same tasks that full-time employees were performing, so I really got a taste of what the job is like.

The housing they provided at Illinois Central College was pretty awful--dirty, bugs, and not helpful staff. However, the housing at ICC was free, and the other option for a housing stipend would not have covered rent.

I don't know if I had anything I wish I would have known about the organization before starting my internship, but I know I wish I would have been much more prepared for using Microsoft Excel on a daily basis (especially pivot tables and macros).

Advice to Management

Please do not go with Illinois Central College as the option for housing again.