Thrivent IT Internship Program logo

Thrivent IT Internship Program
Thrivent

“Ready to settle down? Work/Life Balance at its Best”
Minneapolis, MN2019VERIFIED INTERN

There was a lot of flexibility with the tasks I was given, and always room for me to grow in the field. Because we were expanding in the number of programs we were handling, it allowed the whole team to learn together instead of me having to catch up. My coworkers were also a huge help and I never felt pressured in any way to do something that I didn't want to, but they also encouraged me to be uncomfortable and try out the new platforms. I also was able to meet other interns here because I didn't live too far from the intern housing provided to people out-of-state. This helped me to adjust because all of us were going through similar experiences in a new city.

There weren't a lot of intern events this summer. I had to organize a lot of events myself to get to know other interns in the company, which was okay but it would have been more fun to interact with more of the local people who worked at the company.

Keep an open mind and don't come in with any preconceived notions about the company or people. You'd be surprised who you end up meeting and you may find these people later on in your career.

Advice to Management

Have more intern events to get to know each other, especially those that are coming in from outside the city. It makes it difficult to adjust to the work life if you don't know anyone in the area and this is your first internship. I also would have liked to work more than 40 hours some weeks because it would have encouraged me to stay and learn more from my coworkers, but I don't think that needs to be changed either. It just would have been nice.