“AIG Intern”
Chicago, ILAugust 2015CURRENT INTERN

1) They pay really well

2) They have a pretty nice office in Chicago

1) They do some of the most boring, mindless work imaginable

2) I was the only intern from a top school. They do not recruit at the same schools as other financial institutions

3) I was trusted with no actual work - just side jobs for other people or time consuming projects just to keep me busy

4) Most of the people I talked to there hate their job

If you go to a midwestern state school, this is a great internship. It will look great on the resume and it pays you really well. If you go to a top-20 school, only take it if you have nothing else you can do with your summer. I mean nothing else. I work with imbeciles all day long who have no idea what they are doing.