AFLAC Summer Internship Program logo

AFLAC Summer Internship Program
AFLAC

“Working from home doesn't get better than this: When in doubt, Aflac found a way”
Employee Communications2020VERIFIED INTERN

The University Relations team provided opportunities for interns to engage in valuable learning sessions with Aflac senior executives through the Leadership Engagement Series. They gave us everything we needed to succeed, and showered us with multiple gifts throughout the summer. The people I worked with were some of the best people I have ever met. Everyone wanted to see the interns succeed.

The only thing I would have enjoyed more would have been working from the office in Columbus. But, working virtually was a completely unavoidable circumstance on the part of the UR team and I'm so glad they didn't give up on us.

A corporation is much, much more massive and intricate than I could have ever imagined. They are so, so many moving pieces and parts that contribute to the organization as a whole. Learn everything you can about their business, and business in general, to go in with your best foot forward.

Advice to Management

Aflac is an incredible place to intern. Their workforce is diverse and the internship pool this year was incredibly diverse. Keep doing what you are doing!