Go to Why Intern Here page
Aetna Summer Associate Program logo

Aetna Summer Associate Program
Aetna Inc.

“Aetna is great, General Management Internship not so much”
August 2018FORMER INTERN

Great team, I learned a lot about healthcare and aetna in general. The culture was also really friendly and the HR held a lot of events for the interns. I think Aetna as a company is great. The general management program? Not so much.

The GMSAP is unorganized. There is no clarity regarding which department you're going to be in so you're going in blind until one month before the internship. The process of getting a full time return offer is also really stupid. You have to do another interview where they ask the same questions as they did when applying for the internship. Then, they determine if you get an offer mainly based off your interview and not your actual performance at the job. I know many GMSAPs who didn't get a return offer for the full time GMDP despite positive feedback from their managers (and I know many people including myself who did receive one who are probably not going to accept...).

Choose a different program such as finance or underwriting if you to work at Aetna. Although my experiences with my department were great, the GMDP's structure as a whole is too new for even the director to talk about the program's ending outcomes. 4.5 years is also way too long.

Uppers Downers Advice to Potential Interns Advice to Management Sample Interview Questions Would You Recommend