Go to Why Intern Here page
Aetna Summer Associate Program logo

Aetna Summer Associate Program
Aetna Inc.

“A Summer Full of Rewarding and Impactful Learning Experiences.”
Hartford, CT2019VERIFIED INTERN

I think the best aspects of the internship were the events planned throughout the summer to not only get the interns together, but also give interns the opportunity to get to know leaders they may not have been able to meet beforehand. These events included community service, speaker series, team building events, and more. They were all very organized and worthwhile. They also organized a capstone project which was rewarding because we worked with a new group of interns to solve real life problems that the company wants to address. I definitely learned a lot working on this project!

The thing I liked least about my internship was the layout of the cubicles on my floor. They were not has open as I wanted them to be. There was no one in my set of cubicles so sometimes it was very quiet.

Generally, I wish I knew about how fast the time flies. 10 weeks is faster than you think so take advantage of every week as much as you can. Reach out to colleagues right in the beginning so you can continue the relationships throughout the summer because Aetna co-workers want to talk to you and help you out no matter what! That is another key thing to know beforehand-people are extremely interested in you and always want to talk! These connections will be beneficial for one's future.