Go to Why Intern Here page
General Dynamics Information Technology Internship logo

General Dynamics Information Technology Internship
General Dynamics Information Technology

“Being "everyone's" intern means getting an opportunity to dabble in the work of multitudes of fields.”
Falls Church, VA2019VERIFIED INTERN

Had the opportunity to mix my love of software development with analysis. I worked from home 3 hours out of the day. The pay was exceptional. There were no quotas to meet only generic deadlines. Manager worked relentlessly to assist in getting full-time position. Got to work the way I wanted as long as the final product was as requested.

Took about a week to know most basic information about the internship. Had little to no work to do before suddenly having many jobs.

The environment at the company was very surprising. In a corporate environment I expected suits and salesmen but instead everyone was laid back and friendly. The management was extremely reasonable and put effort into getting me real-time experience. The people actually want to see you succeed.

Advice to Management

Communication, there were times when a point of contact directed me to another point of contact who directed me to the original point of contact. In the end it worked out but the beginning was very rocky.