“Growing Up”
Other (International)2018VERIFIED INTERN

Going through a really hard time because I did not feel belonged in the community; and then discovering myself and making decisions for myself to get to where I am now.

Homogeneous culture and a lack of sunlight in the office. Operational jobs are too tiring for the body ( + a lack of sleep and lack of work life balance), but office jobs makes one rather inactive. This may hinder creativity.

I wish I did not have any expectations and come learn with an open mind and humble heart. However, I wish I knew a little bit more in detail what each department was doing, because my idea might be very different from the truth - and 11 months is a long time to commit to a wrong decision.

Advice to Management

Office: Renovate the office, an open layout with powerful technology and fast computers, an always refilled pantry and a meeting room for morning briefings. Having some plants and a more beautiful interior is appreciated. An office pet is always welcome. Management: More liberty and trust to the employees, allow them to creatively express themselves, perhaps have more people from different backgrounds. A better canteen with different cuisines to cater different needs. An anonymous box for feedback.

Operational: A sleeping room with elongated sofas for resting, foot massage machine. A 1-day no high heels incentive for front line female staffs.

Uppers Downers Advice to Potential Interns Advice to Management Sample Interview Questions Would You Recommend