Go to Why Intern Here page
Hormel Foods Corporation Internship Program logo

Hormel Foods Corporation Internship Program
Hormel Foods Corporation

“Applying classroom knowledge to real world engineering problems to make a true, positive difference.”
Austin, MN2020VERIFIED INTERN

The responsibility, the mentorship/training, project variation, learning opportunities, the culture, and the people.

I was sometimes ignored by members of other departments

Hormel Foods is an incredible company to work for, especially in terms of Industrial Engineering. You are going to get great guidance and then apply real IE skills to real projects to make a difference. You also learn a lot and truly get to experience many departments and different manufacturing processes. This company is wonderful and they go the extra mile to make sure your internship is amazing.

Advice to Management

The only advice I have for management is to make sure that other departments (maintenance, production, etc.) understand that interns only have a limited time and need results in order for the chance to be offered a full time job. Instead of disregarding the interns and their ideas please understand we just really want to see results so that we can talk about them at the end of our internship and prove to people we are worthy of full time employment.