Go to Why Intern Here page
Hormel Foods Corporation Internship Program logo

Hormel Foods Corporation Internship Program
Hormel Foods Corporation

“Hormel, The Ultimate Intern Experience”
Cincinnati, OH2019VERIFIED INTERN

The amount of growth that I've seen as an individual and a professional. I've done real and meaningful work in my time here at Hormel and they treat me like I am a full-time employee rather than an intern. I get to participate in and be a part of day-to-day duties of our sales reps. Also, the amount of coaching and one-on-one time you get with your superiors.

The windshield time. In this role, even as an intern I am on the road driving a lot. In June, I put on 4200 miles alone in my company vehicle.

Be prepared to work hard. This internship is not a cake-walk, but you will get out what you put in. Buy into their cultural values and incorporate them into your personal and professional life. If you can buy into their cultural values and live them every day, you will be extremely successful in their organization.

Advice to Management

Really, the only thing I could think of is the flexible wage/stipend. I feel that I have a fair wage and I'm grateful to have a housing stipend but in the market that I'm in, there is little money left over after all the bills are paid.