“Cross-functional engineering project management intern takes on bean sprouts, vinegar, and boilers!”
Omaha, NE2019VERIFIED INTERN

- Crossfunctional communication and work

- Ability to travel and physically see projects

- Ability to meet with company leaders one-on-one

- Ability to be on the ground floor of building a project

- Given quality and achievable projects

- Provided with the option of a mentor ship program

- Due to my managers job, he wasn't around a whole lot, but when he was around the mentor-ship was excellent

Make sure you push to see a plant, no matter what role you are in. Persist and make sure you get to one, you won't really understand your impact until you see it all in motion.

Advice to Management

Discourage overtime for the sake of overtime but don't outlaw it. There are weeks interns work a lot, and weeks we don't, but make sure we are rewarded for the hard weeks and can live easier on the slower ones.