“Cybersecurity: What is it, and why does every company need it?”
Reston, VA2019VERIFIED INTERN

It was a fantastic learning experience for me- I was able to learn so much about the cybersecurity industry- none of which is covered in school, but I was still able to apply the skills I have learned in school, such as Excel, and Tableau.

Although the work was extremely engaging and interesting, there were periods of downtime throughout the day. Since it cannot be expect for a student to come into the internship knowledgeable about the processes in our division, there was a considerable amount of mentoring, and for each task we had to be shown how it was supposed to be done.

Fannie Mae is a great place to work- even in the Virginia office, so don't be discouraged/unhappy if you get placed here- it is where all the technical roles are.

Advice to Management

Working in an office with other interns would be nice. We each have our own cubicles, and are stationed 3-4 to a floor, across 6 floors. It would be nice to be able to interact with them while we get our individual projects done, working together in a conference room or a similar situation/