“Great experience working for Southern Nuclear. They made a career choice easy for me.”
Augusta, GA2018VERIFIED INTERN

The best aspects of the co-op was being able to work on projects as if I were a full time engineer. Everyone at the site treated the co-ops as equals, and were always willing to help with any problems or questions I ran into. I appreciated the diversity of projects with which I had the opportunity to work on, and it helped me grow as a future engineer and frankly, as a person as well.

I genuinely don't have anything bad to say about my experience! Everything was very useful, worthwhile, and an opportunity to grow as a college student in engineering.

Be ready to learn. There are a lot of rules and regulations in the nuclear industry, and you need to be prepared to follow these rules and be cognizant of their application in your day to day work. Also, be prepared to do your own problem solving. People will help you, but won't simply give you the answer. They do this to help you learn!

Advice to Management

I was very pleased with the management at the site.