“Getting real-world experience within the power industry with Southern Company”
Augusta, GA2018VERIFIED INTERN

I really enjoyed being apart of the project as a whole. It's really neat to say that I was a part of history while helping with the setup of the first new nuclear power plants in the US in 30 years. There were great opportunities for mentorship and networking within my department and the company as a whole. The benefits were great, and overall the culture of the company was good. There were a lot of opportunities to provide me training and help me grow both technically and personally.Lastly, they gave me prjects and work that the full-time engineers were doing.

The only thing that really turned me off from the internship was the type work that the engineering department does at the plant. As a mechanical engineer, I am more interested in the R&D aspect of engineering and that is not the kind of work they do there.

The internship will be what you make of it. If you are bored, ask for work. If you want exposure to something else or want to help with another project, ask if you can.