“Gracie Learns How to Work Hard, Take Initiative, and Associate / Communicate / Be Friends Professionally With Adults”
Atlanta, GA2018VERIFIED INTERN

The company culture is the absolute best. Everyone is very friendly and kinds, people walk by your desk and stop to ask how you are or crack an appropriate joke. I feel respected and valued here, and although work is definitely the top priority, the camaraderie among co-workers is important too. There are also lots of opportunities for networking. Managers and even Directors are willing to get lunch with you to talk about your goals or their experience etc.

I am a co-op, so I'll be here for 3 semesters. I am currently on my second semester working here, so this semester has been better than last because they're trusting me with more work. However I didn't love my first term because I was often bored without enough work to do. I think they give you more work with time, as you prove you can handle it, but last semester got pretty boring and slow at times.

The culture here is funny. It's definitely my favorite part, but it has its quirks too. For example people aren't quick to forget things. You do something weird one time and people bring it up for years down the road haha. I guess I usually just assume that people don't pay that close attention to little things I do, but I started to pick up on the fact that they notice everything here. Last semester I took coffee breaks with a friend, and someone on my team brought it up to me. I stopped doing it and realize now that that may have been unprofessional and I probably shouldn't have been doing it anyway. So there are little serious things like that, where people will notice if you're 7 minutes late to your desk or make you feel bad for a coffee break. But they also hold on to funny things, like if you ever do anything goofy or dumb they'll make fun of you for it forever (in a nice, professional way of course).

Advice to Management

My specific manager has a tendency to micro-manage, and I don't like that. But other than that everything's great.