“Work with a team of professionals on projects that really get used.”
Idaho Falls, ID2019VERIFIED INTERN

The culture is great. The work you do is meaningful and rewarding. There are many opportunities for personal and professional development. The pay is good. The hours are very flexible.

My assigned mentor worked in a different building, so I only interacted with him a few times a week. I still got plenty of mentoring from team members who did work near me, though.

This is largely a research organization. Not everyone does research, but most do. There are many diverse fields and areas you can work in. They are connected with DOE. The are known for their nuclear work, but they do a lot in other energy solution, critical infrastructure, and cyber security.