Exelon Intern Program logo

Exelon Intern Program
Exelon Corporation

1,095 Ratings

1,095 Intern Reviews
“Exposure to engineering design, systems, and operations of a nuclear power plant”
Other (US)2019VERIFIED INTERN

I was able to meet people in all areas of the plant, from engineering to operations to maintenance. All welcomed interns and answered any questions. All employees want interns to succeed and grow in the internship, allowing for them to mold the experience to their liking.

I felt that my workload was less than expected.

Be proactive to ask for more information on a topic of interest, and request shadowing positions. Be involved in meetings that may be outside your field of expertise because it can help you learn more about the plant. Network and meet other engineers!

Advice to Management

I recommend creating ease of communication between the interns prior to starting the internship. This could include the possibility of sharing emails, housing options, and meeting with interns in the first week of work. At our station, one intern stood out by providing this aide to all new interns and helped to connect all the interns throughout the summer.