“It was way more than I expected and I cannot wait to go back! Consumers Energy is an AMAZING company!”
Other (US)2012VERIFIED INTERN

The company culture, opportunities for networking, compensation, and learning opportunites were the best aspects of my internship.

I wish I would have been able to get a better apartment that already came furnished, like the ones on college campuses, given that I am not from Michigan and couldn't easily take furniture with me.

Be open minded. It will in turn open so many doors for you. Consumers has so many ways to get involved at work and also in the community. Take advantage of those opportunities.

Advice to Management

I think that when hiring new employees, the people that will be working with that person should be consulted. I witnessed 2 people get fired and I would say those problems may have been averted should the rest of the staff had a say in who was coming on board.