2ternship logo

2ternship

“Great Professional and Networking Opportunity”
Campus RecruitmentOther (US)2020VERIFIED INTERN

The company does not try to limit you to the position you are hired for. From Day 1, interns are encouraged to network with other teams and explore other professional opportunities. And 2U takes that suggestion seriously, organizing presentations where interns have the opportunity to learn about the functions of other roles and departments. In my time at the organization, I was able to schedule one-on-one informational meetings with staff from at least four different departments of interest (outside of my own). I left the organization with a lot of clarity about what I wanted to do (professionally).

Mentors are really invested in your goals at 2U. I had the opportunity to work for two different teams at the company, and in both cases, assignments were crafted around goals I had identified at the start of the internship.

Both full-time staff and interns agree that the people are the biggest appeal of the company. Everyone I met once would remember my name and make an effort to acknowledge me when they saw me around. From the security guard to the CEO, everyone treated me with kindness at 2U.

The only con of the 2U internship program is that it does not have a fully established intern to full-time employee pipeline. For 2U, the goal of the internship program *is* to ultimately convert interns into full-time employees. However, the does not yet have a structure in place to guarantee interns employment months in advance of their graduation.

The best way to make the most of your internship is to ask for what you want. Be clear about your goals and interests (including full-time employment), and your manager will be more than happy to assist you to the best of their capability.