Slalom Build Internship logo

Slalom Build Internship
Slalom Consulting

“Amazing experience working on real client project”
2020VERIFIED INTERN

Real world experience working on client project, mentoring and support resources, learning opportunities with serverless architecture and cutting edge tech stack (react native typescript with redux)

Nothing to note, I wish it was longer! Ten weeks was a great amount of time but we all wanted to continue working on the project instead of handing it off to another team of developers.

Don't be afraid to be yourself and take risks, you will not be judged. They are a very inclusive welcoming organization and it is extremely easy to reach out and connect with anyone. Take advantage of the diverse group of people who are eager to get to know interns, they are all happy to help out and give advice for projects or careers. For interviewing don't be nervous, the most important part is that you fit well into the company culture. They hire many people from diverse backgrounds and seem to care more about unique individuals and thinking differently/being open minded, versus playing by the rules. I did not have as much experience or expertise as some candidates or interns that were hired but I was confident and eager to learn, which I think they value more. If you are passionate and can show you really want the opportunity, you will have a great shot at getting it.

Advice to Management

Really nothing to note, management was extremely good. The exit interview process was great for being able to raise concerns and feedback, but I didn't have much personally. Very great experience overall.