“Advising Based on the Best”
Washington, DC2016VERIFIED INTERN

The people were absolutely phenomenal, and truly made the difference. They were brilliant and talented, yet even the C-level executives took time to meet with me (an intern) personally. Their methodology is also robust and gave me confidence in the best practices I was observing.

Sometimes it was easy to stay so focused on the research aspect that you forget some of the best parts of the business -- the member-facing part. The roles were specific and made it a bit challenging to gauge if there was a better entry-level opportunity at the firm.

If you love collegial environments, this is the place for you. The true opportunities at this company lie within the people, and you will enjoy it and learn if you do your job but you will really flourish if you step outside your comfort zone -- talking to people in different practices, taking time to share your own interests and get to know other colleagues' experiences, etc.

Advice to Management

As a research analyst, it would have been helpful to have the research training sessions and such earlier in the summer (particularly the Research Lite course).

Uppers Downers Advice to Potential Interns Advice to Management Sample Interview Questions Would You Recommend