Bain & Company Associate Consultant Intern (ACI) and Summer Associate (SA) programs logo

Bain & Company

“Working with businesses to help them become better - collaborating with the nicest, smartest, and most dedicated people”
Boston, MA2018VERIFIED INTERN

* The PEOPLE - Throughout the recruiting process, one of the aspects of Bain that was emphasized most heavily was the culture - but it really would have been impossible for me to grasp what makes the culture so special without spending the summer here. To me, the most remarkable aspect is how open, honest, and respectful everybody is at ALL times, even during potential high-stress periods. I feel that the people here are truly invested in each others' success. I received sincere and meaningful mentorship, coaching, and feedback from day 1.

* There is a very diverse range of opportunities, ranging from industry (Bain has clients in almost every major industry) to function (finance, operations, marketing, etc.) and skills required (modeling, expert interviews, workshops). All of this means that you are required to become good at a variety of things, which I feel has made grow as a professional.

* The work requires you to be very flexible, which is not necessarily bad, but it just takes practice. There are days where what you think you will be doing when you wake up and what you end up doing are completely different things, and I think it is relevant to keep that in mind.

* Although I am sure that everyone interested in Bain has heard about the culture here, again, I feel that it would have been impossible for me to fully understand the width and depth of the support networks and the nuances of the culture without spending time here.

* Bain really values people who are authentic and who can bring their whole selves to work, so it makes it very easy to fit from day 1.