Accenture Summer Analyst Program logo

Accenture Summer Analyst Program
Accenture

“Consulting Data Analyst”
Chicago, IL2019VERIFIED INTERN

I loved how I got to bring value to my firm

I felt like I was thrown into a project and when I came there everyone was too busy to really help me learn or take the time to get to know me and connect with me. This made me feel pretty isolated during my internship

Go in with an open mind. Don't worry when you feel like you are messing everything up. That's how I felt and I worked it out over time. Just try your best and keep learning. Don't make the same mistake twice.

Advice to Management

I wish they would give Project Buddies or teams a heads up on how to make interns feel welcome on their team. This would maybe include questions they can ask (Where are you from? Favorite hobbies? Pets? Sports?), things to do (sit with them at lunch, help them make their desk/space welcoming), show them around the office, tell them about the client, or tell the intern about themselves. All these things would help interns feel welcome faster on projects.