“Experiencing A Learning Curve And Having Fun While Doing It”
Cincinnati, OH2012VERIFIED INTERN

The best aspects would be the team that I work with and the learning environment. Every member of my job site staff has been and continues to be helpful in teaching me about the construction business. They constantly encourage me to ask questions and if they don't know the answer, they make a valid effort to direct me to someone who can answer my question. Even the subcontractors in the field are willing to take the time to explain to me any questions that I may have about their trade. My job site staff is a team and they operate as such and always include me.

At times I will be given vague or less detailed instructions on an assignment and when I have several questions about how I am to complete it, the person who assigned the task may be busy or encourage me to figure things out on my own. As an intern I understand that I will be tested to see what I can handle or to see how I operate in certain situations, but personally I prefer to complete a task the first time around and do it correctly. However, I understand that those situations are learning experiences that I am put in for a reason. In the working world there will be times when I don't have complete instructions on how to accomplish things and that I need to be able to make executive decisions on my own.

The best advice that I can give to potential interns for Turner is to not be afraid to ask questions about anything no matter how big or small. Also, make sure to get involved in all aspects of the company. Participate in any group activities that your team may have and definitely become involved in the company's community service opportunities.

Advice to Management

I would just advise the organization to continue helping the interns feel included in the company by making sure that they meet as many people as they can and continuing to offer them the opportunities to participate in certain activities such as holiday parties and/or community outreach activities.