“Everything I could have asked for in an Internship”
Washington, DC2012VERIFIED INTERN

The people who went out of there way every day to answer any question I had, but still challenge me.

I was not a fan of Washington, DC. I have never considered myself a city person and this experience proved that fact. I think I would have really enjoyed my time at Turner in another area.

If you plan to go into the construction industry there is no better company to intern with. They never gave me busy work, it was always something that was important to a project. They made sure that I had every chance to meet people at various networking and social events. Not only do they pay their interns well, but they also make sure that you leave with a wealth of knowledge. If you have the choice between Skanska or Turner, which is what I had, go with Turner and you will not be disappointed.

Advice to Management

I have to say that there is not anything that really pops into my mind for this. The only thing I can think of is to have more interns placed in SPD. I was the only one in this division and it really helped me see how different each project is. Since the pace is so much quicker in SPD you get to see various aspects of construction as opposed to just seeing a specific phase throughout the entire experience.