James G. Davis Construction Corporation (DAVIS) Summer Internship Program logo

James G. Davis Construction Corporation (DAVIS) Summer Internship Program
James G. Davis Construction Corporation

“One Day at a Time: The Life of a DAVIS Intern”
Other (US)2019VERIFIED INTERN

The best aspect is really feeling like an integral part of the project team. The internship really emphasizes that we are doing real work and not just getting coffee.

I wish there were more opportunities to see the other construction sectors.

My biggest advice is asking about the different organizations the company is involved with for minority groups. I wasn't aware with what professional organizations the company was affiliated with. It would have been helpful to know beforehand but it was a positive surprise that my values aligned with the company values in terms of organizations.

Advice to Management

Diversity training would be an awesome program to start. I think it is not addressed enough as a discussion.