College Works Painting Internship logo

College Works Painting Internship

“Interns Perspective”
evergreen, COApril 2019CURRENT INTERN

Before this internship I honestly did not believe I would be successful. I did not have the confidence to believe so. This internship took me into the field and showed me how to get results and see first hand how a growing business works. All of the things that have learned would have been impossible without CWP. My career direction was non existent before this internship. I was guided through the process to running a successful business. Shown sales first hand and gained real results. At 18-19 years old you have the chance to learn things you wouldn't in normal schooling. You have the opportunity develop YOUR business and with the consistent help of the "district manager" literally nothing will go wrong. You can make career level money if you gain results. Funny enough but some people tell me they did not think they are going to get their house painted, After the estimate I walk away with a check. The skills I have learned to do so are crazy. Enough said this internship is the best thing thats ever happened to my life.

The only thing that sucks is if you choose to run your business in a territory away from your college campus you have to travel there every weekend to give the estimates. If your territory is close you can do the estimates on weekdays and your weekend life can still be very active. Personally my territory is 1.5 hours away so I have to go home every weekend to run my business. Only other con is rejection sucks. It teaches you so much but can be frustrating. The more rejection you get the more you improve so if things dont work at first know they will, just keep trying.

Try it, give it a shot. The interview process is extensive but go for it. It changed my life and IM SURE IT WILL CHANGE YOURS.

Uppers Downers Advice to Potential Interns Advice to Management Sample Interview Questions Would You Recommend