Symantec Internship Program logo

Symantec Internship Program
Nortonlifelock Inc.

“Insightful experience focused on practical application and development of skills.”
Mountain View, CA2014VERIFIED INTERN

Being a legitimate member of a corporate team. I was lucky enough to work with teams from multiple departments, and each time I was given the opportunity to contribute to each team as if I was a professional member and not just an intern.

I wish there was more creative outlets for business individuals in the company, but this is definitely a strategy that I would pursue upon being hired as a full-time employee.

Symantec has the best brand and resources of any firm in the security and technology business. There is not as much of a 'start-up' mentality present, but the sense of professionalism and purpose is unmatched. If you want to tackle technology challenges facing the 21st century with the experience of a multi-national corporation, Symantec is a great choice to begin your career.

Advice to Management

Help promote a sense of creativity and exploration on the business side as well as the engineering. This could be done through business development series and/or mock start-up ideas where all employees have a chance to participate, much in the style of the STAR hackathons.