“A Chance to Work on Real Products and Learn from Teammates”
2020VERIFIED INTERN

I'd say the support system was one of the strongest aspects of the internships. I always felt that my mentor and teammates were invested in my success and willing to help me learn new things, so I was always comfortable with asking them questions and trying out ideas without worrying about rejection. They gave me a lot of helpful advice related to career growth and general life skills too.

There were also intern events to help us socialize and network with leaders at the company, which I really enjoyed. The intern games and contests were a fun way to get to know the other interns, and the networking provided insight on how the company works below the surface.

My main issue is with the short length of the internship (and the pay cut). But honestly, I can't really blame them for it because COVID-19 has hit hard for many companies. I'm grateful that the internship was allowed to continue in the first place.

Lyft has a really strong support system and avenues for growth, so my advice would be to leverage that support to send out feelers and learn from the other people working here. There are a lot of opportunities to take ownership of projects and gain exposure to different parts of the company, so interns should take advantage of it!

Advice to Management

It would be nice if the company could provide more learning modules, or maybe provide a subscription to something like LinkedIn Learning so we can add more skills to our repertoire.