“Learning the ways of firmware... the tools, the repo, the debugging... One JIRA at a time.”
Rochester, MN2017VERIFIED INTERN

Being part of the team, learning the tools and workflow of developers, being able to contribute, being able to apply knowledge from education to the real world.

The most difficult thing for me is trying to quickly get up to speed on the job and tasks. I'm glad the co-op lasts for 6 months, which helps, but I wouldn't mind staying longer if I could. There is so much to learn, it can be overwhelming going through documentation, but I'm sure this is really just the nature of the beast that any co-op in a highly complex technical environment has to endure.

Ask questions often. I personally have a habit of trying to do everything myself, afraid to disturb others. Management even told me not to be shy, ask questions so I can get my work done. While at the same time always be respectful and learning who the best person to ask. Sometimes messaging is not the best, occasionally it's far easier to just walk up to them directly.