J.P. Morgan Investment Bank Asia Summer Internship Program for Finance, Operations and Technology logo

J.P. Morgan Investment Bank (Asia)

“Structured insight”
Hong Kong2013VERIFIED INTERN

The structured approach with which the program was conducted. The firm provides us with well organized training, talks and networking events that help us to understand how the pieces fit together and how the firm operates.

I also feel like the firm is spending a lot of money and resources on the intern development. They take the program serious and want you to learn and understand what it is all about. Managers and colleagues are friendly and take you as a fully valued member of the team.

Personally, I also really like the company culture. It is a really flat organization and you can approach peoople easily to find out more about their role and career path.

Many evenings and soemtimes even Saturdays are spent on talks and networking events, which sometimes can get too much and leaves little time for doing other things.

I think the firm is most suitable to smart people that like challenges. I do believe that people with an outgoing personality have an advantage here because we have lots of networking events and it's all about knowing people and them knowing you. Internship advisors have told us several times that receiving a return offer will strongly depend on who you know and even later on in your career, new opportuinites will only arise for those known by the people in charge.

Advice to Management

I would like to receive a feedback on why I was chosen for the internship in the first place, i.e. what they liked/disliked. I am also curious to know how they decided to place me in the role that I am currently in.

I think feedback is valuable even in the recruitment process and especially for people who just start of their career.